+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Most disturbing commercial right now: Jack-in-the-Box Mini Sirloin Burgers (sliders) -- with Jack (clowns are disturbing anyway) singing around the campfire with midget cowboys. Makes me really glad I swore off all fast-food places eight years ago!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm getting pretty sick of the Verizon network commercials with the zillions of people behind the dorky Verizon guy. We get it already.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3356381;
    I'm getting pretty sick of the Verizon network commercials with the zillions of people behind the dorky Verizon guy. We get it already.
    I was sick of the Zoom-Zoom Mazda campaign 2 weeks after it started. That was about 6 years ago. I've learned to live with it. Seems there is no other choice.

I saw it once and also thought the hair was coming from the helmet. Knowing now that it is from under her arms has given me a visual that I would have preferred not to have. In some cases, ignorance IS bliss........
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3356668;
    I was sick of the Zoom-Zoom Mazda campaign 2 weeks after it started. That was about 6 years ago. I've learned to live with it. Seems there is no other choice.
    Oh yes, I have learned to live with it too.

Oh I remembered another commercial that bugged me. I think it was one of the stock trading companies but it had the baby who said he did so well he hired a clown. And the whole commercial is this headless clown blowing up a balloon behind him. Since I am slightly phobic towards clowns and the fact that the webcam cut off his head the entire commercial, I just expected that creepy clown to do something bad to the baby. At the end, I think the baby says "the clown is kind of creepy" or something like that. I wholeheartedly agreed.

There is one now that I hate - I can't tell you what it's for because when one of them comes on I immediately change the channel - a stack of dollar bills with eyes on top. It's the money you could be saving if you bought whatever they're selling, and it follows people in cars, and stares at them in restaurants. Ick.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3356855;
    There is one now that I hate - I can't tell you what it's for because when one of them comes on I immediately change the channel - a stack of dollar bills with eyes on top. It's the money you could be saving if you bought whatever they're selling, and it follows people in cars, and stares at them in restaurants. Ick.
    I know the one you mean -- and I agree that these are quite creepy. I don't like ANY commercials with unattached (not the right word, but I can't think straight this early) body parts ... like the lips for Twizzlers, for instance.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

I hate that commercial too Gut. It's for Geico.

I can't stand the thumbs texting that look like people. Creeps me out and I have to change the channel.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3356857;
    I know the one you mean -- and I agree that these are quite creepy. I don't like ANY commercials with unattached (not the right word, but I can't think straight this early) body parts ... like the lips for Twizzlers, for instance.
    I think "disembodied" is the word
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3356874;
    I think "disembodied" is the word
    I was thinking "disembodied" but think of that more as a soul or spirit than a body part.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread