+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 527

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

  1. #431
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,113

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    Most disturbing commercial right now: Jack-in-the-Box Mini Sirloin Burgers (sliders) -- with Jack (clowns are disturbing anyway) singing around the campfire with midget cowboys. Makes me really glad I swore off all fast-food places eight years ago!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  2. #432
    FORT Fan liz_momof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    311

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    I'm getting pretty sick of the Verizon network commercials with the zillions of people behind the dorky Verizon guy. We get it already.

  3. #433
    FORT Fogey Tribal Speak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    879

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    Quote Originally Posted by liz_momof2;3356381;
    I'm getting pretty sick of the Verizon network commercials with the zillions of people behind the dorky Verizon guy. We get it already.
    I was sick of the Zoom-Zoom Mazda campaign 2 weeks after it started. That was about 6 years ago. I've learned to live with it. Seems there is no other choice.

  4. #434
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    I saw it once and also thought the hair was coming from the helmet. Knowing now that it is from under her arms has given me a visual that I would have preferred not to have. In some cases, ignorance IS bliss........
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #435
    FORT Fan liz_momof2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    311

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3356668;
    I was sick of the Zoom-Zoom Mazda campaign 2 weeks after it started. That was about 6 years ago. I've learned to live with it. Seems there is no other choice.
    Oh yes, I have learned to live with it too.

    Oh I remembered another commercial that bugged me. I think it was one of the stock trading companies but it had the baby who said he did so well he hired a clown. And the whole commercial is this headless clown blowing up a balloon behind him. Since I am slightly phobic towards clowns and the fact that the webcam cut off his head the entire commercial, I just expected that creepy clown to do something bad to the baby. At the end, I think the baby says "the clown is kind of creepy" or something like that. I wholeheartedly agreed.

  6. #436
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,227

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    There is one now that I hate - I can't tell you what it's for because when one of them comes on I immediately change the channel - a stack of dollar bills with eyes on top. It's the money you could be saving if you bought whatever they're selling, and it follows people in cars, and stares at them in restaurants. Ick.
    Count your blessings!

  7. #437
    Little Thing SR5Rfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In the Inland Empire, CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    475

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3356855;
    There is one now that I hate - I can't tell you what it's for because when one of them comes on I immediately change the channel - a stack of dollar bills with eyes on top. It's the money you could be saving if you bought whatever they're selling, and it follows people in cars, and stares at them in restaurants. Ick.
    I know the one you mean -- and I agree that these are quite creepy. I don't like ANY commercials with unattached (not the right word, but I can't think straight this early) body parts ... like the lips for Twizzlers, for instance.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

  8. #438
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    I hate that commercial too Gut. It's for Geico.

    I can't stand the thumbs texting that look like people. Creeps me out and I have to change the channel.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #439
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3356857;
    I know the one you mean -- and I agree that these are quite creepy. I don't like ANY commercials with unattached (not the right word, but I can't think straight this early) body parts ... like the lips for Twizzlers, for instance.
    I think "disembodied" is the word
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  10. #440
    Little Thing SR5Rfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In the Inland Empire, CA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    475

    Re: Most annoying commercial characters

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3356874;
    I think "disembodied" is the word
    I was thinking "disembodied" but think of that more as a soul or spirit than a body part.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.