+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Bunny, my older sister says "bite me" but doesn't know the f word exists. I have to tell you for the first time in a couple of days, I roared!! Many thanks!!!! I've always wanted to freely say stuff like that, but the last time I was angry and said stuff on the phone, I got in trouble for sexual harassment-as if that position could actually happen in real life!!

FORT Fanatic

I hate the Geico insurance commericials with the lizard (?) and that grating Cockney accent.

There is one that runs many, many times per day in the Wash. D.C. metro area for a carpet company that claims to install the next day. Sometimes they advertise twice within the same one-hour program. It is SO hokey with a jingle.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3351994;
    Bunny, my older sister says "bite me" but doesn't know the f word exists. I have to tell you for the first time in a couple of days, I roared!! Many thanks!!!! I've always wanted to freely say stuff like that, but the last time I was angry and said stuff on the phone, I got in trouble for sexual harassment-as if that position could actually happen in real life!!
    My older sister says Oh Fudge. She is super religious. She didn't like it when I said that everyone knew what she really meant and that Fudge was just a substitute for it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I absolutely cannot STAND the deli meat commercials where they do all the stupid rhyming. The first one is in a police station and the second on is on a private jet. It doesn't make me want to buy their meat. It just makes me want to smash my TV!

ETA: I totally hate Flo the progressive lady too. The lady on the Glade commercials bugs me too. Like, who really cares what kind of candle she's using.
    Last edited by stacerace; 02-27-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3352578;
    The lady on the Glade commercials bugs me too. Like, who really cares what kind of candle she's using.
    That woman drives me up a wall. I had one of those Glade candle things and the scent is so strong it would have knocked those women in their yoga poses on their ass. I've been in spas and what I mostly smell there is nail polish remover. *Boutique-y* fragrance, my fanny.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Has anyone seen the commercial for Boost cellphones? I think that is the name of it. A cell phone that for $50 a month gives you unlimited calls, texts, etc.

Anyway, a girl and guy are riding a tandem bike. Both are wearing helmets. Girl is at the front of the bike, guy is behind her. Her hair is flying in the guy's face as they ride down the street. It *looks* like the girls hair that is flying in the guy's face is coming from under her helmet. It is actually coming from under her armpits! And is like three feet long! LOL

She lifts her arm up and you see all this hair and she says something like, "What, you don't like it? Well I don't like paying for all these charges on my cell plan. With Boost I don't have to."

I can barely get through the commercial, so I am probably not stating what she is really saying.

Oh, MamaC, I wanted to post that one. Yes, it's terrible, and doesn't even make much sense to me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've seen that commercial but I was so revolted by the image of all that underarm hair that I was never able to concentrate on what they were actually selling. Now that you mention it though, 50 bucks for unlimited calls and texting sounds like a pretty good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3354609;
    Has anyone seen the commercial for Boost cellphones? I think that is the name of it. A cell phone that for $50 a month gives you unlimited calls, texts, etc.

Anyway, a girl and guy are riding a tandem bike. Both are wearing helmets. Girl is at the front of the bike, guy is behind her. Her hair is flying in the guy's face as they ride down the street. It *looks* like the girls hair that is flying in the guy's face is coming from under her helmet. It is actually coming from under her armpits! And is like three feet long! LOL

She lifts her arm up and you see all this hair and she says something like, "What, you don't like it? Well I don't like paying for all these charges on my cell plan. With Boost I don't have to."

I can barely get through the commercial, so I am probably not stating what she is really saying.
    Who writes this stuff and how does it get approved by management to actually get filmed? Must be dilution of talent in the 500 channel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3354609;

OK. I have to admit that this one makes me totally everytime I see it! But I kind of have a sick sense of humor
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

+ Reply to Thread