+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

I think this one might be local, but I can't stand the commercials for Corky's Pest Control. There's an annoying-looking guy who doesn't really talk, and the theme song is one of those that sticks in my head, even though I hate it!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

If I have to see the Nutrisystem commercial with Chris Berman in it one more time I just might scream. He may have lost 40 pounds but he still has a big, fat mouth!!

MRD

I was JUST saying that. I am so sick of him and of Marie Osmond both and Nutrisystems.

Too bad Nutrisystems can't make them lose the big fat mouth part.

There is a radio ad where a guy has to drop out of anger management classes just before graduation because he had to call Charter Communications and they made him lose his temper again. Well I thought it was funny the first couple of times and I wanted to say good thing he didn't call AT&T or he'd not only have dropped out of anger management, but would have blown up the AT&T headquarters. But now, I"ve heard it about 200 times and I"m over it.
    It's an ad for DirectTV which is laughable as we have that and their customer service sucks too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I stopped at home between classes for lunch, flipped on the TV, and saw some obnoxious diaper commercial with a rapper and others singing something about a "potty dance"? I was half-expecting Billy Mays to chime in . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3347605;

There is a radio ad where a guy has to drop out of anger management classes just before graduation because he had to call Charter Communications and they made him lose his temper again. Well I thought it was funny the first couple of times and I wanted to say good thing he didn't call AT&T or he'd not only have dropped out of anger management, but would have blown up the AT&T headquarters. But now, I"ve heard it about 200 times and I"m over it.
    It's an ad for DirectTV which is laughable as we have that and their customer service sucks too.
    We have Charter Communications and their customer service is horrendous. I'm about as even-tempered a person as you'll ever find but everytime I need to get on the phone with them I turn into a screaming banshee.

I still hate the freecreditreport.com commercials and I mean every one of them. :nono
    CYA

MRD

F R E E that spells free.

I hate those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3349068;
    We have Charter Communications and their customer service is horrendous. I'm about as even-tempered a person as you'll ever find but everytime I need to get on the phone with them I turn into a screaming banshee.
    We have them too and I absolutely DREAD having to call them. Especially for cable modem help because they have an automated "woman" who tries to get you to go thru the same steps of finding your cable modem, unplugging it, etc EVERY time you call. If I hadn't already done those things and had it still not work I WOULDN'T BE CALLING!! I have gotten to the point where I play dumb and answer no to every question the system passes me on to an actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3349068;
    I still hate the freecreditreport.com commercials and I mean every one of them. :nono
    Those ones actually don't bother me, I actually find them kind of funny

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3350122;
    ...Especially for cable modem help because they have an automated "woman" ...
    i HATE those kinds of computerized calls. don't EVER clear your throat while waiting for the stupid recording to stop ... you'll get her to say "i'm sorry, i didn't quite get that"

SNL did a skit a while back making fun of that automated "woman" ... it was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3350122;
    We have them too and I absolutely DREAD having to call them. Especially for cable modem help because they have an automated "woman" who tries to get you to go thru the same steps of finding your cable modem, unplugging it, etc EVERY time you call. If I hadn't already done those things and had it still not work I WOULDN'T BE CALLING!! I have gotten to the point where I play dumb and answer no to every question the system passes me on to an actual person.
    YES! I actually swear at her until I get connected to a representative. My daughter walked in one day and heard me saying "F You, Bite Me" into the phone and she says " Oh My God Mom, who are you talking to like that"?
    And yes BFD I got the "i'm sorry, i didn't quite get that" so I just repeated it.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3351585;
    YES! I actually swear at her until I get connected to a representative. My daughter walked in one day and heard me saying "F You, Bite Me" into the phone and she says " Oh My God Mom, who are you talking to like that"?
    And yes BFD I got the "i'm sorry, i didn't quite get that" so I just repeated it.

OMG I am laughing so hard. I am SO doing that next time I get one of those. Especially if it's AT&T the absolute worst customer service line in the entire universe.

+ Reply to Thread