+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Converters have the scanners built in; one needs only to re-run it after February 17th.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

or, maybe June 12... so we may get to enjoy those psa's for another 4 months?
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 01-26-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3290180;
    or, maybe June 12... so we may get to enjoy those psa's for another 4 months?
    Oh goody. Maybe using Billy Mays or Faux-hawk ShamWow will give the procrastinators the necessary firecracker under the butt . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3288375;
    Vince! Someone needs to take him, his creepy, squinty eye and his stupid headset, wrap him with a Shamwow and jettison him off to the far corner of the universe.
    Isn't he the same guy that does the commercial for the Slap-Chop?
    My boys think that commercial is the funniest thing ever. They actually made me watch it on YouTube. Every time the guy says "you're gonna love my nuts" (before he chops up assorted nuts) they just lose it - it is definitely teenage boy humor!

FORT Fanatic

Billy Mays is definitely one of the worst. I live in the Wash., D.C. metro area and wish to nominate two others which may be local: some company that gives you a cash loan if you give them your car title. You idiot - don't you realize they can TAKE YOUR CAR? And the other one is for Empire Carpet with a cheesy animated thing that has run for years with no sign of stopping. Oh, that jingle! I leap for the mute button. And it runs multiple times daily.

800 588 2300 EMPIRE!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3291050;
    Billy Mays is definitely one of the worst. I live in the Wash., D.C. metro area and wish to nominate two others which may be local: some company that gives you a cash loan if you give them your car title. You idiot - don't you realize they can TAKE YOUR CAR? And the other one is for Empire Carpet with a cheesy animated thing that has run for years with no sign of stopping. Oh, that jingle! I leap for the mute button. And it runs multiple times daily.
    But I need that 300.00 that I will never be able to pay back and then complain when I lose my car.SHEESH... NO they don't realize that, I heard someone once talking, I forgot where, but saying that if you didn't pay it back they would only take your cars title... I thought to myself - HUH? DUH......

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3291072;
    800 588 2300 EMPIRE!!
    OMG I was just going to post the same thing. We get the Empire carpet ads here too.

Not to mention how much they charge for fees and interest on that title loan. There was a class action suit won against some of those places not long ago for overcharging interest, etc. and making the loans almost impossible to pay back.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

"It's my money and I need it NOW!" God I hate those commercials. And I'm getting a little tired of the Tampax commercials "I'm here with your monthly gift. Where's your backup?" Ugggh, she's so irritating. The only one who's even more irritating is that stupid Progressive girl Flo. Oh, and can I just say how bad I want to slap that Orbitz girl (the gum)? "Dirty mouth? Clean it up."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

I think Flo and the Orbitz girl are sisters.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread