+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

MRD

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3265554;
    hehehe that one cracks me up
    I can't even watch it. I swear they could create a horror movie with those weird thumb people.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3265410;
    The most annoying commercial is the Lifetime ad that keeps popping up on every FORT page I click on! I've closed that sucker about seven times so far.
    lol..I was moments away from posting the same thing earlier, but then I had to restart my computer and for some reason the ad stopped popping up. Give it a try, I hope it works out for you!

I had problems yesterday with that, but not today!

I remember my sons bringing home dvd's that starred the thumb people-I had a hard time watching them!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

omg, i just heard this on the radio today ... had to rush home and look it up to see if it's true. apparently billy mays is going to have his own reality show on the discovery channel, called "But Wait ... There's More"

The network has greenlighted at least seven new projects, including several from top docudrama creators Thom Beers and Craig Piligian, as part of an effort to continue increasing its number of original programming hours.

First is "But Wait ... There's More" from executive producer Beers, which follows longform ad salesmen Billy Mays and Anthony "Sully" Sullivan as they evaluate quirky new products, craft pitches and take to the airwaves to push the goods.

The entrepreneurial advertising-age setting marks a departure for Discovery and Beers, the latter best known for his gritty, naturalistic series such as the network's top-rated "Deadliest" and History's "Ice Road Truckers." Discovery has ordered 13 episodes of the show and plans to premiere it in the spring.

"They're a pair of great characters who have become multimillionaires doing this business," Discovery Channel president and general manager John Ford said. "Beers is the ultimate entrepreneur himself, so this is a labor of love for him."
    the rest of the article, which just talks about other projects:

Discovery aims for big splash with slate

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3213537;
    i'm tired of those darn subway commercials ... the one where the song "$5 foot long" repeats over and over ... SOOOOOOO annoying!
    My brother in law was getting his jollies for a few days calling the Subway where my niece works and asking "Do you have $5 foot longs at your location" Brit would say "yes' then it would be "How long are those" and "how much are they"... She's glad his holidays are over, because you never know--it could be someone else on the phone.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3277213;
    My brother in law was getting his jollies for a few days calling the Subway where my niece works and asking "Do you have $5 foot longs at your location" Brit would say "yes' then it would be "How long are those" and "how much are they"... She's glad his holidays are over, because you never know--it could be someone else on the phone.
    Back when we had our restaurant I had someone ask me how big a 9 inch pizza was. And they weren't joking!

Having managed several pizza places I believe it. One that sticks out in my mind is a customer asking how many pieces are in a 14" pizza. When told 12 the customer asked if I could cut it in 10 pieces as they didn't think they could eat 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3277589;
    Having managed several pizza places I believe it. One that sticks out in my mind is a customer asking how many pieces are in a 14" pizza. When told 12 the customer asked if I could cut it in 10 pieces as they didn't think they could eat 12.
    I've used that line before. I got it from either Yogi Berra or Casey Stengal.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I had a brain lapse once when I ordered "Fish and Chips with fries.".

+ Reply to Thread