+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Those have to be about the grossest commercials on tv.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Ok - has anyone seen the commercial where there are two kids on a dock unbuttoning their pants talking about how scared they are?? I can't remember if it was an Old Navy commercial or a Levi's commercial but it was uncomfortable to watch. The kids looked 12 or 13 and they were obviously alluding to sex. But then they jump in a lake in their underwear.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3238800;
    Ok - has anyone seen the commercial where there are two kids on a dock unbuttoning their pants talking about how scared they are?? I can't remember if it was an Old Navy commercial or a Levi's commercial but it was uncomfortable to watch. The kids looked 12 or 13 and they were obviously alluding to sex. But then they jump in a lake in their underwear.
    I saw that one too. Thought it was in very poor taste.

The one that bugs me now is the one advertising the DVD release of some season of the Sopranos. I hate the music and all those flashing scenes almost make me sick. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being sued by someone who had a seizure while watching the dumb thing.

Interesting...I haven't seen that one, and I don't know if anyone has seen the one for Sirius satellite radio that's along the same lines - there's a lot of images (newborn baby, guy admiring guitar in store window, tween boy/girl at a school dance) but one of them is a very young couple - teens - sitting on opposite sides of a bed. The boy is shirtless and in jeans, and the girl is in a white bra and jeans. They flash back to the two a couple of times, and in the final shot the girl is about to undo her bra. The tag line is "discover something new" or "discover again", something to that effect. Um, WTF? I know teenagers have sex and I'm no prude, but that's pretty awkward to watch with my 9-year-old.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I saw that one just the other night. I took it that they were jumping off a pier into the ocean, not a lake though. Regardless, that was a pretty high jump. Which also made me wonder.....um, isn't that against the law? Couldn't someone break their neck? Next time I see that ad, I will have to see if they put that warning "Do not try this at home"

Will have to be on the lookout now for the Sirius and Soprano commercials.

MRD

OK, I think it's AT&T but maybe not. But it's a commercial for texting and it has thumbs that have faces on them and they are all texting and it is SO creepy that I can't even watch it. "The thumb people" is what I call it and my husnand laughs as I change the channel the minute it comes on. I don't know why it creeps me out, but it does.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3265074;
    . . . a commercial for texting and it has thumbs that have faces on them . . . I don't know why it creeps me out, but it does.
    Add me and my hubby to the creeped-out club to that commercial!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

There's this commercial for Crest I think, and the girl scratches her teeth to show how clean they are...that noise irritates me to no end. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Then there are these anti-smoking commercials, they may be local to NYC, but they are a bit too graphic for my tastes. One shows a guy with a hole in his throat, which they proceeded to make a series of them, and one shows him cleaning out the hole witha Q-tip. The second one is a woman who lost her fingers to smoking. I'm sure they're quite effective for some, but since I don't smoke I don't appreciate them popping on and ruining a fresh bowl of Cherrios for me.

Edited to Add-I just looked upthread and saw the same commercials mentioned (The anti smoking ones). So glad that someone else feels my pain!
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 01-05-2009 at 05:03 PM.

The most annoying commercial is the Lifetime ad that keeps popping up on every FORT page I click on! I've closed that sucker about seven times so far.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3265074;
    OK, I think it's AT&T but maybe not. But it's a commercial for texting and it has thumbs that have faces on them and they are all texting and it is SO creepy that I can't even watch it. "The thumb people" is what I call it and my husnand laughs as I change the channel the minute it comes on. I don't know why it creeps me out, but it does.
    hehehe that one cracks me up

+ Reply to Thread