+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

I hate those, too. I think I caught one that explained where they're coming from... it said there was a rise in pregnancies that corresponded with the rise in the sale of that vehicle/brand and THEREFORE... It is kind of funny, and a fresh idea to intentionally link two statistics that have nothing to do with each other, but the actual implementation of the idea falls flat. It's just annoying.
    Count your blessings!

I think those commercials are pretty funny. Especially now that you've explained them. But I like how serious Brooke is and the customers are behind her shocked and trying to explain their not getting pregnant just to buy the car but she won't listen to them.

The political ads are the most annoying to me right now. I will be soooo glad when the elections are over. Apparently here in Alabama being a liberal is right up there with being a child molester. The word liberal is always said with a lot of disgust. In some ads the only thing the person can say about the opponant is that "they're a liberal." I'm thinking, "Thats it? Thats all you've got on the guy?" I am so sick of smear campaigns. All I want is for them to outline their accomplishments. A lot of ads they are so busy slandering their opponant that the name that is stuck in my head is the guy they don't want me to vote for.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

MRD

I'm sick of Flo the Progressive Insurance girl and her "big tricked out name tag"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes, I can see why women are less than pleased when Flo comes to visit.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

LOL. I'm getting a little tired of Erin the ESurance girl
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I am so tired of the oovoo commercials with the little girl and her dad at the business meeting. The commercial isn't really annoying, but I swear I've seen it 2,000 times this week.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3231148;
    I am so tired of the oovoo commercials with the little girl and her dad at the business meeting. The commercial isn't really annoying, but I swear I've seen it 2,000 times this week.
    Without election/campaign ads, that is probably the only one left to run.

I'm annoyed by all of the ads/mini infommercials about "the switch to digital tv". I think that, by now, everyone is aware that this is going to happen and we don't need this many reminders.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3220121;
    I think those commercials are pretty funny. Especially now that you've explained them. But I like how serious Brooke is and the customers are behind her shocked and trying to explain their not getting pregnant just to buy the car but she won't listen to them.
    I'm guilty of liking them too. Brooke is great at that kind of humor.....it reminds me of the guest spot she had on Friends. She played a delusional woman and was hysterical.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 11-09-2008 at 03:24 AM.
    CYA

I loved Brooke Shields' character on Friends! Not too sure about the commercials she is doing now; sometimes I like them and sometimes they annoy me.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Hate hate hate the Mucinex ads with the big globs of personified mucus. I turn the channel the second they come on.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread