+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

I don't like those cavemen either.

There's also some commercial - Pepsi, maybe? - where a whole bunch of people all come together and make a big people-amalgam robot. I'm not explaining it very well (6 a.m. on a Sunday, this is the best I can do), but it just upsets the hell out of me for some reason.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I LOVE the caveman commercials.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Here's another one: "We're the doublemint twins and we're here to say why is everything so extreme today? blah blah blah plastic surgery ooooooon TV." Those girls annoyed me when they were originally on and they annoy me even more now! In high school we called those kinds of girls barbie b****'s. The kinds of girls who walked around all the time like they're better than everyone else. I want to smack them. Another stupid commercial that's on right now is for Cingular Go. Where the mother and daughter are arguing but it's a positive argument instead of a negative one. "Why do you insist on treating me like an adult?" "Because you insist on acting like one. You're getting this phone." Every time it comes on, I just want to scream.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I'm getting a little sick of the animated quilters for the Quilted Northern Commercials. My favorite commercial character is the puppy for cottonelle. I love dogs and he's just so cute, I want to take him home.
    Actually, I don't know if you remember the Quilted Northern ads when they first emerged years ago but some DIMWIT actually had the quilters quilting the tissue with....................knitting needles!!!

I kid you not!!! I love the Needle Arts and when I first saw that ad I was "WTF!!??" ; they were merrily knitting away at the top of the quilt! (insert head smack HERE!) It didn't take long for a deluge of letters (pre-Internet) for them to actually animate quilters...NOT knitters!

Regarding the Zoom-Zoom kid, who always reminded me of an extra from SCHINDLER'S LIST (with his little yarmaka)....I wanted to thrown him UNDER the Mazda car.

I still hit MUTE when any Masda commercial hits the screen. Some effective adverising campaign....NOT!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    The husband and wife in the 'I can't believe it's not butter' commercials. She says she's pregnant and he orders her to EAT! It was messed up.

And the Metamucil commercials for the 'Regulars.' Men walking into bathroom stalls...Nasty.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

I really dislike those "I'm a Mac" and "I'm a PC" guys and to make matters worse they seem to be on every commercial break on every show that I watch.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

For some reason, I LOATH the burgerking commercial where the Chickens are making fun of the other chicken for wanting to be fries. First of all, the whole concept is stupid... but what really burns me is, THOSE ARE CHICKENS (chickens=female) with Men's voices, picking on an actual ROOSTER (rooster=male) calling him a chicken that wants to be fries. heh... maybe it only bugs me because I was raised on a farm.. but dang, way to screw up basic barnyard gender Burgerking ad people.

Oh yeah, and OT but related: Has anyone else noticed all the cows in that new Barnyard movie also have mens voices. COWS ARE FEMALE grrrr.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    the creepy scary Burger King mascot.....especially when he's looking through the window at someone house
    enough to damage a kid for life

Or an adult! I hate that one so much... freaks me out , it's like the BK version of a clown/mime.... eww *shudder
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    4. The little cheerleader in the T-Mobile commercial (her voice goes right through me)
    "I think our squad should boycott tuna for awhile." VERY effective.

I LOVE the Geico cavemen commercials.

I don't like the new Geico commerical with Little Richard. He scares me.

I geico gecko was funnier before he had a voice.

Apparently there's something wrong with me - I like the Mac/PC and Geico gecko commercials and am not at all creeped out by the Burger King. I do, however, hate every single commercial for laundry detergent where a fond mom watches her kids roll around in the dirt. It's the lack of creativity, I think, since I've been seeing variations of these boring things since I was a kid rolling around in the dirt. And the vaguely Stepfordish quality of all the moms.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread