+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

I hate the Burger King.
    He creeps me out so much.
    And seriously, those commercials where he wakes up in bed next to you or is standing outside your window in the morning gives me the creeps.

One they were advertising the special Burger King pocket bike racer video game in their commercials and he takes a dive on the pocket bike, I was praying that he would not get up.

THE BURGER KING NEEDS TO PLAGUE THIS WORLD NO MORE!!!
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Billy Mayes or however you spell that....... he literally makes me grind my teeth! Now he's pimping affordable health insurance!! Wipe him from my tv!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3038638;
    Billy Mayes or however you spell that....... he literally makes me grind my teeth! Now he's pimping affordable health insurance!! Wipe him from my tv!
    Ugh. Billy Mays is the reason the mute button was invented. I can't believe anyone actually listens to that grating voice of his long enough to buy whatever crap he's trying to push.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Does he think he's forcing us to pay attention by screaming at us? Maybe he thinks his audience is mainly elderly people who are hard of hearing!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3038745;
    Does he think he's forcing us to pay attention by screaming at us? Maybe he thinks his audience is mainly elderly people who are hard of hearing!!
    I'm hard of hearing and he definetly bothers me. I hate him. How did he ever get the job he got in tv?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ok, I remember another one that annoys me to no end. Of course, these days we usually mute the darn things-- do they have to crank up the volume on the commercials so loud?

Anyways, it is the Pediasure commercial with the mom pushing her daughter around in the shopping cart, trying to buy food, but every time thwarted by the little brat announcing, "I don't LIKE chicken!!" "I don't LIKE broccoli!!"

Yeah, I could just picture my parents if I tried to pull that as a kid... "You WILL eat it or you'll be going to your room and you'll get nothing! Do you know how many starving kids in this world would kill for this food?..." Actually, to this day my dad can't eat tomatoes because of a similar incident when he was a kid. His dad made up this gawdawful tomato sauce, and my dad said if he ate it, he'd throw up. His dad told him he WOULD eat it, and if he threw up, he'd get a spanking. Well, my dad ate it, threw up, got a spanking, and now basically has a psychosomatic allergy to tomatoes!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;3039767;
    Ok, I remember another one that annoys me to no end. Of course, these days we usually mute the darn things-- do they have to crank up the volume on the commercials so loud?

Anyways, it is the Pediasure commercial with the mom pushing her daughter around in the shopping cart, trying to buy food, but every time thwarted by the little brat announcing, "I don't LIKE chicken!!" "I don't LIKE broccoli!!"

Yeah, I could just picture my parents if I tried to pull that as a kid... "You WILL eat it or you'll be going to your room and you'll get nothing! Do you know how many starving kids in this world would kill for this food?..." Actually, to this day my dad can't eat tomatoes because of a similar incident when he was a kid. His dad made up this gawdawful tomato sauce, and my dad said if he ate it, he'd throw up. His dad told him he WOULD eat it, and if he threw up, he'd get a spanking. Well, my dad ate it, threw up, got a spanking, and now basically has a psychosomatic allergy to tomatoes!
    I feel the same way about that commercial. I know it's hard to get kids to eat things, I have an aversion to canned green beans because basically that was one of the few vegetables my daughter ate for YEARS and we had them almost EVERY night until we were able to broaden her palate-and yes it can be done. I once read that you have to introduce a food something like 10 times before a child will eat it, so if they say once they don't like it, keep trying. Don't make them do what happened to your dad, but you can keep serving it.
    We had a requirement that you had to try one bite. That was all.

But that commercial bugs the you know what out of me because it basically says that the kid is in control and not the parent.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3039794;

But that commercial bugs the you know what out of me because it basically says that the kid is in control and not the parent.
    Exactly... it bugs me to no end that you see so many situations where the kid basically rules the house, and that commercial sort of seems to condone it. While flipping through the TV channels sometimes, I want to bash my head against the wall when I come across these talk shows with a parent and their 8 yr. old, 200 lb. "picky eater" who gets fed pizzas, dozens of burgers, ect. because "Bratleigh won't eat anything else!!" I'm like, um... they COULD eat healthy, because if healthy foods are all you buy and put in front of them, they wouldn't have any choice when they get hungry enough!

Now, I did have a lot of times as a kid where I basically didn't want to eat anything (and still do; many times I'll go a couple days without really eating). In which case, I was allowed that "go to room w/o dinner" option, which didn't bother me much. However, if it went on too long, I'd be threatened with a trip to the hospital to put a tube down my throat to force feed me... that was enough to get me to eat a little.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3036364;
    I hate the Alltel My Circle commercials where they have the geeks playing the other phone companies and the wizard guy. It was funny the first time but how about we try a new ad campaign now?
    i just got this text message on my phone (i get news alerts):
    "Verizon says it will buy Alltel for for $5.9 billion in cash and assume $22.2 billion in debt becoming largest US cellular carrier."
    hmmmm, sounds like alltel spent a fortune on those annoying commercials!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3040418;
    i just got this text message on my phone (i get news alerts):

hmmmm, sounds like alltel spent a fortune on those annoying commercials!
    Does this mean that Chad and the other nerds and the wizard will soon be off my tv???

+ Reply to Thread