+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2368364;
    I just want to smack her.
    That would be "Fehbulous!"
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2357783;
    I really dislike the commercial, Verizon I think, about texting. The one with the little girl talking to her mother in text speak. When she says "IDK, my BFF Jill?"...the look on her face and her snotty tone makes me want to smack her. If my child talked to me like that she would be so grounded that she wouldn't see the light of day for weeks.
    This one really grates my cheese. Insidious commercials like these reinforce the snotty kid epidemic. We're having a huge problem with this kind of defiance of authority at the middle school where I work. They feel so entitled! Twice this week, I've had kids turn and walk away from me while I'm trying to enforce a rule. That's when it goes from a warning to a write-up in the principal's office.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2357783;
    I really dislike the commercial, Verizon I think, about texting. The one with the little girl talking to her mother in text speak. When she says "IDK, my BFF Jill?"...the look on her face and her snotty tone makes me want to smack her. If my child talked to me like that she would be so grounded that she wouldn't see the light of day for weeks.
    Dag - I just posted that I liked this commercial in the other thread Don't hit me!

I agree that her tone is beyond what I would accept in my house (please, one day I said "I hate the smell of broccoli cooking" and my daughter got mad because I said "hate" ). But, I do love how the mom tries to get the talk by saying "It is so a... b.... d" hoping she has it right. That just makes me giggle

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2368300;
    The Empire carpet commercial is currently annoying me. It's the song and the phone number.
    Would that be 800-588-2300...Empire. Today?! It gets stuck in my head at least every other day

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2367678;
    I dislike any commercial with yelling. These include the Oxyclean guy
    You mean BILLY MAY? I have to turn down the TV every time he's on. By the way, anybody notice that Donald Trump shouts when he explains tasks to his Apprentice candidates?

If I see/hear that stupid ASK.COM "I found what I was looking for" with Kato Kaelin one more time, I will scream!!!!

as it as, I grab the remote as soon as it comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2453767;
    If I see/hear that stupid ASK.COM "I found what I was looking for" with Kato Kaelin one more time, I will scream!!!!

as it as, I grab the remote as soon as it comes on.
    "I got what I was looking for!"

That one annoys me also. Seriously, who searches for "babes with blades"? But I guess what they were going for. Whatever you want to search, you can find it on ask.com.

MRD

THere's a new BK one where the creepy king is dancing a jig and everyone that bites into a burger gets a horrible mustache, including a dog.
    I hate the BK king and this commercial is more annoying than most.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2454380;
    THere's a new BK one where the creepy king is dancing a jig and everyone that bites into a burger gets a horrible mustache, including a dog.
    I hate the BK king and this commercial is more annoying than most.
    That BK dude gives me the creeps too. Actually, I was wondering if that's not a female in that suit. Look at the hands next time.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Let's petition BK to get a new ad company - these folks need a nice long rest.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I hate to admit it, but as much as I hatehatehate the Burger King, I had to laugh at the new mustache one I saw last night... this Britney spears bites into a buger, sprouts the 'stache, and her two friends start screaming...then it shows them, and they say "you mean you're not a real blonde?" (The two buddies have blonde mustaches, the first girls is black }
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread