+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Re: Most annoying commercial characters

I'm watching one right now that I'm so tired off. It's a Propane vs. Electricity commercial. I hate them all. They're so irritating. And the new ads for Edy's Slow Churned where everyone starts doing what's supposed to be dancing (but looks to me IMO like they're having convulsions) because they can eat more Edy's Slow Churned because it's healthier.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Is Stephanie

Hmmm....sooooo many!

Any Toyota commerical
    Any low-budget commerical--I'm pretty sure that I, the least creative person in the world, could come up with something better then the low-budget writers do.
    Most furniture warehouse commericals, especially Bob's Discount Furniture (on the NE coast only), I want to kill Bob every time his modelling clay person comes onto the screen! For those of you who don't know these commericals, I'll give you a verbal sample.

You're in a boxing ring. A clay boxing ring. There are 2 clay guys boxing. One of them knocks the other one down, and the bell dings. Zoom into the one who lost, who appears to be close ot death, but laying on a mattress. He then says in a slow southern drawl "I never go ANYWHERE without my Bob-o-pedic." Bob-o-pedic is a rip off of Temperpidic, only it's 4 inches thicker. Another commercial: Bob and Temperpedic are in a courtroom, and Bob is talking about how his mattress is $1000 less, and 4 inches thicker. so the Temperpedic says "Well I'm Temperedic, my size doesn't matter!" so they fight for a while, and eventiually decide that size doesn't matter. Then Bob, like, not clay Bob, but real Bob comes back onto the screen and says that his mattress is thicker, defeating the purpose of the whole commercial.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I know someone's already mentioned this but the cell phone commercial with the little girl talking in text lingo.
    Mom: Stephanie (or whatever), come in here.
    Daughter: WU? (What's up?)
    Mom: This cell phone bill's what's up. Look at all these text messages.
    Daughter: OMG. INBD (Oh my God, it's no big deal)
    Mom: It is a big deal. Who are you texting 50 times a day.
    Daughter: IDK (I don't know) my BFF (Best friend forever) Jill?
    and so forth. It's even worse than that one that was on last year where the mother and daughter are arguing over mom being generous.
    Daughter: I LOVE YOU! (in an angry voice like when some kids tell their parents they hate them)
    Mother: I know you really mean that!
    Actually, any cell phone commercial lately has driven me nuts. Oh, and one more that's annoying is for Comcast Triple Play with some creepy guy dressed like Spider Man and he's got all kinds of Spidey memorabilia in his apartment (his dog is even dressed like Spidey). He's interviewing some guy to be his roomate and when the candidate says that he'll get them Comcast Triple Play, a fake web hits him and the creepy guy says "I webbed you. That means you got the apartment."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Annoying but it cracks me up... THe pet food commercial when the guy comes in the house and calls his dog:
    Mr Barky Von Schnauzer??
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2359551;
    I'm watching one right now that I'm so tired off. It's a Propane vs. Electricity commercial. I hate them all. They're so irritating. And the new ads for Edy's Slow Churned where everyone starts doing what's supposed to be dancing (but looks to me IMO like they're having convulsions) because they can eat more Edy's Slow Churned because it's healthier.
    Yep, the Propane vs Electricity ones are really annoying. Propane is such a condensending a** in those.

And the spiderman/comcast one is beyond stupid.

I dislike any commercial with yelling. These include the Oxyclean guy and all the local car dealerships, furniture warehouses and tire centers. Why on earth do local commercials feel the need to SCREAM it at you?
    We used to get this idiot that did his OWN commercial and it ALWAYS started out with him saying: TIRE'S AREN'T PRETTY.
    Except it came out TURE'S instead of Tire's. UGH.
    Last edited by MRD; 05-04-2007 at 07:25 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

That squeaky Sharpie pen in the "write out loud" commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2367678;
    And the spiderman/comcast one is beyond stupid.
    I hope I never need an apartment that much.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Seriously. I think if I ever saw anyone who was that obsessed with Spider Man, I'd run for the hills.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2368078;
    Seriously. I think if I ever saw anyone who was that obsessed with Spider Man, I'd run for the hills.
    Toby McGuire was just on The Daily Show and he has been all over Europe and Asia promoting Spiderman and he said that he's seen more spiderman suits than he ever cares too again and one Russian man gave him his suit at a publicity function for the movie. He said they came out in DROVES dressed as spiderman.

The Empire carpet commercial is currently annoying me. It's the song and the phone number.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The Orbit white commercials are sooooo irritating. That girl annoys me and I just want to smack her.

+ Reply to Thread