+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2276254;
    He gives me the creeps. Saw the burger king last night, I don't know if it was a new ad, but I had never seen it before. I can't describe it because I blocked it out of my mind . Quaker Oats guy reminds me of the king, too.
    The newest BK one that I saw is with a bunch of ballerinas dancing around guys that are spending their money on the wrong things (like stale sandwiches and candy bars). The ballerinas all have dollar bills on their tutu's and the last guy, they pick him up and turn him around and he's facing the BK guy who's holding a tray of BK food.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I can't stand the commercial for some brand of paper towels. (Can't even think of the name!)

Mom is at the kitchen sink; son is getting a 2-liter bottle of orange soda out of the fridge. He shakes the bottle as he walks towards mom. Soda bottle explodes all over mom and all over the kitchen. Mom turns around and looks like she is ready to scold the boy but then tells him that he is doing it all wrong. She then grabs the sprayer from the sink and starts spraying him with water.

So here we have mom and son spraying soda and water all over themselves and all over the kitchen.

Of course, this particular brand of paper towel is super absorbant and will clean up this mess!

I just think that commercial is soooo dumb on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2276346;
    The newest BK one that I saw is with a bunch of ballerinas dancing around guys that are spending their money on the wrong things (like stale sandwiches and candy bars). The ballerinas all have dollar bills on their tutu's and the last guy, they pick him up and turn him around and he's facing the BK guy who's holding a tray of BK food.
    You know, BK has just totally lost their collective minds.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2276486;
    I can't stand the commercial for some brand of paper towels. (Can't even think of the name!)

Mom is at the kitchen sink; son is getting a 2-liter bottle of orange soda out of the fridge. He shakes the bottle as he walks towards mom. Soda bottle explodes all over mom and all over the kitchen. Mom turns around and looks like she is ready to scold the boy but then tells him that he is doing it all wrong. She then grabs the sprayer from the sink and starts spraying him with water.

So here we have mom and son spraying soda and water all over themselves and all over the kitchen.

Of course, this particular brand of paper towel is super absorbant and will clean up this mess!

I just think that commercial is soooo dumb on so many levels.
    But you must admit, that the look on that kids face is priceless. I think this commercial is rather cute, although I keep saying, if they really had to clean up that mess......
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2276346;
    That's the one!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2255365;
    Are you all seeing the H&R Block commercials with the people who keep saying "I got people"? The one I hate most is the big guy sitting at the table and his wife comes in asking if he's worked on the taxes. He says "I got people", she says "You got people", and he say it again, then she says it again and I want to slap them both.

It took me awhile to understand what "I got people" meant.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

I can't believe no one has mentioned that new Stayfree commercial (that's a maxi pad brand for the gents out there). It has a group of women eating lunch on a roof when suddenly a nearby water tower springs a leak. One of the women jumps up, Matrix-style, whips a Stayfree out of her purse and catches the oncoming gush of water in the pad. Then she sits back down and they all giggle and smile at each other. EWWWW! I hate that commercial AND the weird, smiling woman who catches the "eruption".
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2277686;
    I can't believe no one has mentioned that new Stayfree commercial (that's a maxi pad brand for the gents out there). It has a group of women eating lunch on a roof when suddenly a nearby water tower springs a leak. One of the women jumps up, Matrix-style, whips a Stayfree out of her purse and catches the oncoming gush of water in the pad. Then she sits back down and they all giggle and smile at each other. EWWWW! I hate that commercial AND the weird, smiling woman who catches the "eruption".

And the voice over says "STILL DRY"... I just saw this one the other day and said out loud "What the hell?" Joey looked at me like I was nuts.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Sorry, guys, but any Victoria's Secret ad on TV before 10:00. My adolescent son doesn't need to see those cosmetically altered giraffes prancing around in high heels and underwear.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Premium Member
    The commercial that really annoys me is the one for Boniva - the pill for osteoporosis. Sally Field says her friend has to "set aside time once a week to take her osteoporosis medication" like it's some big ginormous ordeal. Give me a break - how long does it take to take a pill? I take meds twice a day and it takes maybe 5 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread