+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoying commercial characters

Whoever has been running Burger King's ad campaigns over the last few years needs a mental health break. They are all horrible.
    That king with the big head looks like something from a fever dream.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2249961;
    Whoever has been running Burger King's ad campaigns over the last few years needs a mental health break. They are all horrible.
    That king with the big head looks like something from a fever dream.
    I couldn't agree more! I know BK is trying to be 'edgy' in their marketing campaign, but they've really missed the boat ever since they introduced the peeping-tom sneak-in-your-bed-and-stare-at-you character. Not a single good idea in years. Ick.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2250099;
    I couldn't agree more! I know BK is trying to be 'edgy' in their marketing campaign, but they've really missed the boat ever since they introduced the peeping-tom sneak-in-your-bed-and-stare-at-you character. Not a single good idea in years. Ick.
    i've hated those ... they're creepy!

I'm also getting sick of the stupid Aussie shampoo commercials with the purple kangaroo.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2250194;
    i've hated those ... they're creepy!
    They are! I don't need some creepy king guy appear on my TV right before I go to sleep.

The Aussie commercials I can handle. They haven't gotten on my nerve yet.

FORT Regular
    The commercial I hate the most right now is about a guy on an island who fantasizes about hundreds of women in string bikinis running towards him. What does he want them to do? Tear him to pieces fighting over him? It's so sexist it makes me hurl.

Other commercials I dislike - pepto bismal dance, anything with the Jack in the Box head, Jared Subway, a "loan" commercial with a guy dressed as a money bag, the caterpillars for a money lending store, in fact any commercial that requires people to dress up as animals or inanimate objects, the Christmas one with the screaming bratty spoiled rotten kids, the Harvey's commercial with the pull my finger woman, the commerical where they throw hot pockets at the camera (makes my stomache turn) and commercials that are too serious.

And speaking of dumb. If you give a boy a pop tart and another similar tart (different brand) he's not going to stuff the pot tart in his locker. He's going to eat both.

I like the PC Mac guys. And Dairy Queen has a shrimp commercial that's funny. "Here try this popcorn shrimp." "Honey, where are the kids?" "AGGHHHH!" The Target commercials are fun. And there's one that I think is good with cancer victims speaking with teenage voices about smoking.

In the past good commercials included almost anything Hallmark, and the coffee commercials were good too. Not Juan Valdez, he was annoying. But Maxwell house had several good ones including a continuing storyline of a romance.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Maikij I love those Dairy Queen commercials with the shrimp!! Those always make me laugh!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikij;2251428;
    In the past good commercials included almost anything Hallmark, and the coffee commercials were good too. Not Juan Valdez, he was annoying. But Maxwell house had several good ones including a continuing storyline of a romance.
    you reminded me of my all-time favorite maxwell commercial ... the one where the son comes home from college and makes coffee for his family, waking them up. i'm getting choked up just thinking about seeing the mom come down the stairs and say "you're home!!!"

i love how they still play it occasionally during the holidays.

I forgot about the Maxwell House series of commercials with the story-line. They were great. I normally get up and do things around the house during commercials (or channel surf ). But I did look forward to those Maxwell House commercials. I say bring them back!

I dont like the new Dominoes Pizza commercial where the guy says "Great smell." and his nose is LARGE...the other guy says, "Great taste." and his lips are huge. Then, there's this guy with huge eyes. It reminds me of the singing rats from Quiznos a while back.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

+ Reply to Thread