+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best/Worst Restaurants?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonyean View Post

My apologies to say that I'm biased when it comes to southern barbecue. LoL! Corky's (based out of Tennessee) is really good, personally. It's not too sweet (not tomato-based) nor is it bitter. Load one of their barbecue sandwiches down with a bit of cole slaw and a side of fries, and you've got yourself a hearty meal which will stick to your bones.
    Mmmmmmm! I have to agree with you there! I think some members of my family got confused and thought Christmas had come in July several weeks ago when we made the discovery that you can buy Corky's BBQ in the freezer section of the grocery now. I can't get it in Ohio (yet), but they can get it throughout the south east.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Actually I goofed, was thinking of Chuy's but typed El Arroyo! Wow - my bad. I love Chuy's too!

For Asian food, I love PF Chang's. Yes, there are smaller and more authentic Asian but I really loved PF Chang's.

The PF Changs here in Wauwatosa, WI is awful.. frankly I don't even know if they are still open
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    The PF Changs here in Wauwatosa, WI is awful.. frankly I don't even know if they are still open
    The one in Chicago is pretty bad as well. Nice atmosphere but the food is meh.

FORT Newbie
    this was a street restaurant.. where 3 of friends puked after eating some noodles....., it just took 5 seconds....

MRD
    Flat Rock Grille

Ate there with a friend for lunch on Fri.
    Paid $9.99 for crab stuffed grouper.

I've had weight loss surgery and I can eat about 3 ounces of food at one time. Usually when I dine out, I bring home leftovers that will last me 2-3 more meals.

Even my little stomach could handle the SMALL piece of fish that came on the plate. My friend and I looked at it, looked at each other and just couldn't believe it. This place was reccomended by another friend.

The grouper wasn't all that good either. Now for $10 I wasn't expecting a HUGE piece of fish, but this was smaller than any child size portion of anything at any other restaurant.

Needless to say, that is my last visit to Flat Rock.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Red Robin is one of my favorite chain places. I always either get the Sour Cream Ranch Chicken Burger or the California Chicken Burger (no onions), either with a side of ranch for dipping the fries in. I LOVE their fries.

Also, there's this little Italian deli/retaurant down the road from my work. There's also a location about 15 minutes away, too. Galliano's Cucina. They have yummy sub sandwiches and pasta dishes. Besides the pizza, the most expensive thing on the menu is the seafood linguini. It has clams in the shell, scallops, and whole shrimp, with a side of 4 cheese garlic bread (which i am sure has ricotta, mozzerall, parmesean, and cheddar cheese on it), and all for $9.95. It's one of my FAVORITE places to eat.

Also, in the U-District of Seattle, there's this little place called the Blue Onion Bistro. They're famous for their macaroni and cheese, which is very rich, made with grier cheese and topped with crumbled blue cheese. I had their special burger of the night. I swear, the burger patty was an inch and a half, two inches thick. It was the biggest burger patty I have EVER seen. And the fries that came with it were yummy. And my grandma's chicken fried steak took up the vast majority of her plate. It was HUGE! The inside was decorated with old vintage posters and phots, and other items. The co-owner (and who took our orders that night) also hung up her husband/the chef's old cub scout uniform on the wall. They were super friendly and the desserts were AWESOM, too. If you ever go to Seattle, you MUST look this place up! While it isnt cheap, it also isnt all that expensive. for 5 of is, it was about $100, but $20 of that was on alcohol.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;1998428;
    Mmmmmmm! I have to agree with you there! I think some members of my family got confused and thought Christmas had come in July several weeks ago when we made the discovery that you can buy Corky's BBQ in the freezer section of the grocery now. I can't get it in Ohio (yet), but they can get it throughout the south east.
    For those of you who can get Corky's, here's a tip. When you are ready to eat the ribs, wrap them in foil and cook them in the oven at about 350 or so, for an hour at least. That makes them so much better. Corky's is actually a pretty small restaurant in East Memphis. They may have a warehouse somewhere with a kitchen for all I know, but I pass the restaurant a lot. I've never eaten there. We have a little hole in the wall restaurant near our place that is only open for lunch. They have great ribs. And then a restaurant out here has really good pulled barbecue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345