+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Restaurants?

OOers, IGotA, have to agree with the Pappa's dynasty of restaurants. Pappadeaux is really good, and coming from Beaumont, I take my cajun food seriously!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

There aren't many I am gaga over. There is a local bar called the Cottonbottom that is famous for it's garlic burgers, though. Yummers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    South. Florida is tough then. I lived up North for a while and fell in love with CiCi's Italian buffet. It's kind of gimmicky, but majorly yummy, especially the Alfraedo stuff. They don't have one of those down by you? Shame.
    Yes we have Cici's. Worst pizza I've ever had and that includes Domino's the bottom of the pizza food chain.

And yes, the quality of pizza goes down the more south you go and the beaches get better Veruka.

HOWEVER, there used to be and I doubt its still there as this was 20 years ago. a Pizza place in Key West that had the most unbelievable Pizza. Angelinos on duval. You couldn't go in. They had a walk up window where you could order a slice or a whole pie. It was not unusual to see people walking up and down Duval Street with a huge slice folded in half munching on it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm convinced that each restaurant needs to stand on its own merits and not the chains. We were on vacation a couple of weeks ago and stopped at a Denny's for lunch. The kid ordered chicken strips off the children's menu but I ordered grilled shrimp since that is one his favorite things. I got a dozen, nice sized shrimp and actually ate two of them. He ate the rest. A couple of days later, we ate at Lone Star. I again ordered shrimp. Got nine, cost four dollars more, and they were bad. He took one bite. I ate the rest but just because I wasn't going to waste my money. They were really, really bad. I may as well have wet my finger and dipped it in black pepper and sucked it off. And I don't like black pepper at all.

The little food critic told me that he liked Denney's shrimp because it wasn't "chicken shrimp". Guess battered and fried is chicken, to him.
    Last edited by Muduh; 08-01-2006 at 12:13 PM.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    i have a request, i am visiting my dad in Mesa, Az and looking for a few restaurant recomendations. Dad just moved out there so he has no idea what is good and what isn't. any ethnic food and moderatly or below priced would be welcome. thanks in advance

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    The little food critic told me that he liked Denney's shrimp because it wasn't "chicken shrimp". Guess battered and fried is chicken, to him.
    Hey, he is a little food critic! Good for him! (I'll take all your black pepper! I LOVE IT!)

MRD
    Sonic has these wonderful new things right now: Jalepino crispy strips. They are not hot (hubby was disappointed), but they are like little jalepino french fries. Ask them to bring you ranch dressing to dip them in too.

They are so good, I've had lunch there 2 days in a row!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Colton's Steakhouse is quite good. It's been quite awhile but do recall making the occasional curbside-to-go order. Among my favorites are their steaks, smashed potatoes (can have them loaded w/ bacon bits, cheese, and sour cream, too), fried okra, dinner rolls (as big as an average fist), fried mushrooms, tumbleweed (fried onion), whiskey river bread pudding, and Iron Horse root beer. For the curbside orders, you receive more than enough for one meal, that's for certain. Hopefully, the restaurant will soon expand into the northwest (really miss it). LoL!

My apologies to say that I'm biased when it comes to southern barbecue. LoL! Corky's (based out of Tennessee) is really good, personally. It's not too sweet (not tomato-based) nor is it bitter. Load one of their barbecue sandwiches down with a bit of cole slaw and a side of fries, and you've got yourself a hearty meal which will stick to your bones.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by snickertink View Post
    i have a request, i am visiting my dad in Mesa, Az and looking for a few restaurant recomendations. Dad just moved out there so he has no idea what is good and what isn't. any ethnic food and moderatly or below priced would be welcome. thanks in advance
    Snicker- pm me with the whereabouts he lives. Mesa is pretty big so I personally can't recommend anywhere unless I know where he is

As far as chains are concerned--Chili's is the worst in our town.... eaten there twice--two times too many

The best fast food chain in our area is In-N-Out Burgers. Everything is fresh..you can even watch them cut the french fries, the cooking and prep is open for all to see. They only have hamburgers fries shakes and drinks....The burgers and fries are soooo good and resonably priced. they might only be on the West coast?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast