+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Restaurants?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    You sure do know your restaurants, myrosiedog!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    You sure do know your restaurants, myrosiedog!
    We like to eat out, what can I say.

And now you know why I have a weight problem.

I forgot to mention I LOVE Steak and Shake. Their fries are great and so are the Steak burgers and milkshakes.

We used to have a great small restaurant here with great food, better wine and they closed.
    Best Shrimp Bisque and a pistaschio encrusted, crab stuffed filet of sole that was mouth watering. Couldn't afford to eat dinner there, but had lunch many times. They used to do a once a month 6 course meal complete with wines that I wanted to go to so badly but the price was WAY beyond our budget at that time. I knew people that went that said it was heavenly.

Oh, food is my favorite subject and I could go on for days.

There used to be a great treat at 6 flags over Georgia that i still think about.
    It was an ice cream on a stick, like the vanilla ones with the chocolate hard coating, but it was peach ice cream with a hard peach coating. OH MY.

I can remember every great restaurant I have eaten in everywhere I've been. Oh man, another long rambling post from me about food.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

No really good pizza in Florida. It's all crap.
    If you're ever travelling through the Destin area, you'll change your mind on that one. There's a place there with a couple of locations called Ciao Bella - the pizza is absolutely to die for. I crave it everytime I think of that area.

Mellow Mushrooms are also making their way into Florida now too, which ups the quality of pizza in Florida.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    If you're ever travelling through the Destin area, you'll change your mind on that one. There's a place there with a couple of locations called Ciao Bella - the pizza is absolutely to die for. I crave it everytime I think of that area.

Mellow Mushrooms are also making their way into Florida now too, which ups the quality of pizza in Florida.

I live 8 hours from Destin, so all Pizza in the lower part of the state is crap!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Ok, all this talk has made me

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    The Olive Garden was good, but it's slipped so much I had to stop going too.

Went to eat at the Outback yesterday. Love that place. Not consistent from chain-to chain though, and majorly fattening (The bloomin' onion has 3600 calories :0)

I remember going to Chilli's like a year ago. So disgustingly greasy, lingered on forever.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I live 8 hours from Destin, so all Pizza in the lower part of the state is crap!

So I guess in Florida, the quality of the beaches directly correlates to the quality of the pizza.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I had the pleasure (accidentally) of trying Mellow Mushroom's pizza in Indiana. What great pizza and what a cute name!

Reading about the cheers for Chuy's and tex-mex makes me kind of realize I take it for granted that we have so many options here in Texas...

Cafe Adobe, Pappasito's, Lupe Tortilla are other good "chain" tex-mex places if you ever run across one.

The Pappa's family in general have established themselves in many markets with their chains of restaurants offering different meal types but with the same consistent level of service and great quality of food and their portions are huge! Pappadeaux (Cajun Seafood) , Pappa's Seafood, Pappa's Steakhouse, now Pappa's BBQ (bought out Luther's) and Pappasitos (tex-mex) mentioned above.

For BBQ, it doesn't get any better than Goode Company (in Houston). Jalapeno cheese bread, jumbalaya, potato salad, their sauce and hickory/mesquite smoked flavors and baked potatoes are to die for.

I am now in love with Kona Grill...their happy hour drink and appetizers prices are half off and they are entree portions. The onion rings and fish tacos are amazing! I've never had an onion ring as big as they slice them. You need a fork and knife to eat them!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    South. Florida is tough then. I lived up North for a while and fell in love with CiCi's Italian buffet. It's kind of gimmicky, but majorly yummy, especially the Alfraedo stuff. They don't have one of those down by you? Shame.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    So I guess in Florida, the quality of the beaches directly correlates to the quality of the pizza.
    You may laugh, but there may be some substance to the theory: years ago, when we'd vacation in/around Pensacola, we'd go to authentic Italian restaurant just outside the Naval base area. I think it was called Marcello's, but it's gone now, and I remember the owner/operator guy would greet everyone with a big "Hello, hello!". It was fun to go there and they had the best pizza I've ever eaten. They also made some killer salad dressing that I've never found anywhere else nor have I been able to duplicate. Every year for vacation, we'd make a point of going there twice in the week we spent at the beach.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast