+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 70's/80's kids...

Yes! I remember those 8-track tapes. We use to play them in the car everywhere we went. Then, cassette tapes were a real big deal after 8-tracks.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I still have some 45's laying around here somewhere. Nothing to play them on, though.

I remember wearing some of the most awful clothes in the 80's: parachute pants, screaming neon-colored clothes, silly-looking headbands, stupid Sassoon jeans with zippers at the ankles (they were so tight, it was the only way to get them on!). Then all the Madonna stuff came out - ripped/cutoff shirts, zillions of bracelets. Ugh. And I went through one of those huge cans of Aqua Net every week.
    I remember being a senior in high school and dressing like Jennifer Beals from "Flashdance". I had the grey sweatshirt that hung off my shoulder, the leg warmers.... and yep, the higher my hair could stand the better it was! My boyfriend at the time had some black parachute pants that he was practically poured in ....Aww..those were the good ole days...the 80's really rocked!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I still have some 45's laying around here somewhere. Nothing to play them on, though.

I remember wearing some of the most awful clothes in the 80's: parachute pants, screaming neon-colored clothes, silly-looking headbands, stupid Sassoon jeans with zippers at the ankles (they were so tight, it was the only way to get them on!). Then all the Madonna stuff came out - ripped/cutoff shirts, zillions of bracelets. Ugh. And I went through one of those huge cans of Aqua Net every week.
    OHHH - I did the Madonna look as well. I thought I was the coolest. I did more of the early days - like the Lucky Star where she is wearing a cool pencil skirt with folded over socks and high heels!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    And what a big deal it was if someone actually had an 8 track player in their car? And remember the big 'gaps' between the tracks, sometimes even in the middle of a song if it was a really long song?
    Like, Inna Gadda Da Vida, maybe?
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Who can forget Inna Godda Da Vida..by Iron butterfly? That song went on and on. Use to love the drum part.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywyyrd
    ..I still have some 45's laying around here somewhere. Nothing to play them on, though...
    Attachment 17714
    There is a pretty good stereo system from TEAC that plays not only 45's, but 78's, 33 1/2 lp's, and dual-cassettes. I think it's the Teac DC-D6300 CD Shelf System - it was $150-$200. The speakers are detachable, and it has a 3 disc CD payer as well. I ordered it through the mail and it's great! I'm recording my Baba's old 78's, and my old 45's onto cassette. I'm sure you could find it through TEAC or e-bay!
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Cool!

Yep! I'm a child of the 70's and a teenager of the 80's. I was into music big- time as a little girl and had tons of albums and 45's. I would play my stereo all the time and also having a Dad that was very much into music as well? I liked what he listened to.

Madonna became really big when I was a teenager in HS, so I went thru that Madonna phase! lol!

Foreigner was really a popular rock band when I was in high school. Journey and Aerosmith came a little bit later, but i liked them, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123