+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7294Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Steak clubs?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to get a gift for my in laws, and was thinking about sending them a package of meat/fixings from something like the Omaha steak club so they can grill etc.

I've never done this before, so can anyone recommend the steak clubs they like best?

Thanks!

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Lois, my parents get gift boxes from Omaha Steaks quite often. They really like them but, beware, once they get your name it seems you get mail from them ALL the time.

Regarding checks, the last time I ordered checks was before I started paying bills online. My registers have the calendars for the years 2004, 2005 and 2006. Which is not very helpful! I still write checks out though at the grocery store, Walmart, and other stores when I am not using a credit card. I do not use debit cards or ATMs! I think that dates back to one time trying to use an ATM and not having a clue what my pin number was.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3162740;
    Lois, my parents get gift boxes from Omaha Steaks quite often. They really like them but, beware, once they get your name it seems you get mail from them ALL the time.
    I just ordered some for the inlaws. If I get inundated with the mail, I won't mind too much. But do you think they're going to inundate them (the recipients) as well? I'll just tell them to throw all that crap in the garbage then.

Lois, I am pretty sure that Omaha Steaks will send the mail to your in-laws too. And I forgot to mention in my earlier post that they also CALL relentlessly!

Have any of you donated a car to charity? If so, what was the process? (e.g. You called them up, they sent someone over to get it and gave you a receipt?) Thanks for sharing any info.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3162939;
    Lois, I am pretty sure that Omaha Steaks will send the mail to your in-laws too. And I forgot to mention in my earlier post that they also CALL relentlessly!
    That's why I gave them my fax #.

And I didn't put my inlaws phone # down either. I don't want them to be hounded by phone calls.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-11-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3162943;
    Have any of you donated a car to charity? If so, what was the process? (e.g. You called them up, they sent someone over to get it and gave you a receipt?) Thanks for sharing any info.
    My sweetie donated his old car to the Kidney Foundation. They came, picked it up with a tow truck, and gave him a tax receipt for $50.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The average price for scrapping a car is now around $400 due to the huge increase in the price of steel. Any receipt for donation should be at least that much.
    Lois check out this from the BBB.

BBB Alerts & News

Thanks misskitty and UnkleScott. We've narrowed it down to the Alzheimers Association because they're a good charity that we contribute to anyhow and from everything I've read, they'll maximize the funds from the car's sale/use for research.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3162943;
    That's why I gave them my fax #.
    And I didn't put my inlaws phone # down either. I don't want them to be hounded by phone calls.
    use 617-861-9507 for your phone number.
    Telemarketers

i use it whenever i buy something online and i NEVER get phone calls.

MRD

This is a small rant. Well maybe a bigger one. People who will flat out tell you: "I don't read." Or "I don't like to read". Last night the neighbors teenager was outside talking to us and she asked my daughter if she had gotten the lastest Twilight book. She said: "I liked the other books, but this one's too big to read. I just don't like to read much and big books turn me off." She went on to say the same thing about the Harry Potter books, that they are just too big to read.

I hear so many people talk about not liking to read or the books are too long and I just am appalled. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. It staves off boredom. I always have a book if I know I'm going to have to wait anywhere for any length of time. I like big books, because if the story is good, then I know I'll have it for a longer period of time. When a good book ends, or a series ends, I almost feel like I've lost a friend.

Is it me, or despite the popularity of young adult fiction, kids and teens are still not into reading? (btw, my daughter reads a LOT, but that is because she was always read too and we set an example in our house because my husband and I read quite a bit. And I took my daughter to the library and bookstores quite often)

OK, rant over. Just had to express my dismay that the younger generation is missing out on so much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread