+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3159892;
    . . . Ronald Enroth, a sociology professor at Westmont College in Santa Barbara who featured Set Free in his 1992 book "Churches That Abuse," said the group is a "control-centered, authoritarian organization" that has displayed cult-like behavior, even as it cozied up to mainstream evangelical groups and Aguilar appeared on Trinity Broadcasting Network programs. . .
    I'm quite familiar with these types from a former place of employment. I hope they throw the book at them. I'd trust any Hell's Angels over these so-called Set Free guys any day. At least with Hell's Angels, what you see is what you get!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3161012;
    I'm so old-fashioned. I still use checks. But at least I know what my balance is at all times.
    My point exactly--although I know people who, even when they always used checkes, never wrote it down in the register but waited until the statement cam to see the balance--and it wasn't like they had huge surpluses of money. Then I'd hear whining about having had a check bounce? Gee, wonder why?
    I still carry the old checkbook register around, with no checkbook in it. But I note those debit purchases right when they are made; this is one of my biggest hangups--I keep a tight leash on my $$$$!

Oh, and if you need to carry on about the wonderful world of neti pots, you can PM me, or I'm sure prhosay wouldn't care either. we are believers! I even have what has to be the same model as yours, the NeilMed blue one.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm one of those people who never write anything down in my check book. I keep an approximate running balance in my head and don't bounce checks. The monthly bill payments are taken out of another account so I admit my personal account is easier to track. I never understood why it took so long for gas debits to show up on my account, now I know! Thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

luvs, you and I have the same bookkeeping method, I see. And I've never paid attention to how long it takes for gas debits to show up on my account. Guess I'll start running it as a credit from now on. Do you have to go to the window to sign when you do that? I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go to the window! Growl-Grumble!!!!

I have checks that I've had for YEARS!! I seldom write one. I have the checks with the "carbon" duplicates so that I don't have to keep a register. I seldom kept up with it, anyway. Haven't bounced anything since I first started writing checks in my college days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My legs have all of a sudden become flaky, any suggestions?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just a thought........lotion??

Seriously, though, shea butter is a great product.

Home

100 % PURE SHEA BUTTER is a superior moisturizer, containing remarkable healing properties for various skin ailments. Unrefined Shea Butter has the largest healing fraction and contains very special natural ingredients that are ideal for healthier skin. Shea Butter contains the one vitamin that is absolutely mandatory for healthy skin.

Additionally, Shea Butter contains several natural anti-inflammatory agents and a minor sunscreen agent. Clinical studies have shown that this product transforms the skin in as little as 4-6 weeks, into a softer, smoother, and better looking skin. Those who routinely use Shea Butter report a number of other special benefits for skin ailments, including relief from blemishes, itching, sunburns, small skin wounds, eczema, skin allergies, and wrinkles. Because of an abundance of healing ingredients, and its superior moisturizing activity, Shea Butter is in a unique class, as a stand-alone personal care product.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My Little Sister and I went to WalMart so I could get her a pair of first-day-of-school shoes (black sequinned slip-ons - $10) because her only choices were ratty sneakers or high heels (7th grade). They are in the middle of remodelling and some things have been moved and others not, but in such a random order that we walked around the score making ourselves cry with laughter observing the odd juxtapositions. There were beauty products right next to car products, including a spray-can of something for bras and mudflaps with a picture of a car on the front. We got on such a hysterical riff that a worker overheard us and couldn't help coming to see what we were talking about and got just as silly with us. OK - now I know that a "bra" is something you put over the front of your car to protect it from bugs or whatever. Did not know that. Anyway, I ended up being a really bad example for her and picked up a little can of fish food and redeposited it next to a bag of Goldfish in the food aisle. It only seemed right that if they're going to mess with us that much, we should only return the favor. I mean, the first main aisle of products you had to walk past coming in the store like a gauntlet was a full aisle of feminine products.
    Count your blessings!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Luckily Queen Helene has Shea Butter lotions as well.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3162054;
    Anyway, I ended up being a really bad example for her and picked up a little can of fish food and redeposited it next to a bag of Goldfish in the food aisle. It only seemed right that if they're going to mess with us that much, we should only return the favor.
    Too funny.....sounds like something I would do too.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3161767;
    luvs, you and I have the same bookkeeping method, I see. And I've never paid attention to how long it takes for gas debits to show up on my account. Guess I'll start running it as a credit from now on. Do you have to go to the window to sign when you do that? I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go to the window! Growl-Grumble!!!!

I have checks that I've had for YEARS!! I seldom write one. I have the checks with the "carbon" duplicates so that I don't have to keep a register. I seldom kept up with it, anyway. Haven't bounced anything since I first started writing checks in my college days.
    That would be me. I had to find them in order to give a voided one to get direct deposit and I noticed that our address on the checks is the one from Florida that is now 2 years old. We even pay our rent online. So I seldom write a check.

Gutmutter, that is too funny. I had a car many, many, many years ago that had a black bra. I hated putting that thing on, but in Florida, it was necessary during lovebug season to protect the cars paint from those awful bugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread