+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3160822;
    It's a special program in which once a week Bill Gates shows up with a wheel barrow full of money at your door.
    Oh Newf, I wish!

livin4reality, yes it's a software program. Mine came with my computer. You don't have to use MS Money though. I used to use Quicken until I got the computer with MS Money. Either program works just as good as the other for basic tracking. There are probably other programs out there that do the same thing.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I should check into that quicken or MS Money program. My bank doesn't issue statements any more and although I pay all my bills off right away, I can't say that I really know where some of my money is going. Well, I do know a lot lately has gone to Goodwill! Too bad I can't write off my purchases as a deduction.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3160698;
    Okay I understand that part and could never figure out why the gas station that I've used never had that problem. I found out that they never debit even if a debit card, they automatically use it as a credit card.
    that's probably it. at our local stations, it asks us if we are using a debit or credit card.

my computer came with ms money too, but i ended up just creating a spreadsheet on excel that i use for my ledger. i used to be HORRIBLE with my money until i started using it and now everything is paid on time

I'm so old-fashioned. I still use checks. But at least I know what my balance is at all times.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone, who shops at Rite Aid, noticed that if your purchase is less than $25 o and you are using your debit card as a credit card, that you don't have to sign the slip. $25.00 and up, and you are signing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

At some stores i sign regarless. I have a paypass though, and with that if the purchase is over $25, i do have to sign.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3161012;
    I'm so old-fashioned. I still use checks. But at least I know what my balance is at all times.
    the only thing i write a check for these days is my rent ... if i could pay that electronically, i would. i love technology. hehehe

actually, being somewhat mobility challenged, i have difficulty getting out and about, and i don't trust a check not getting lost or stolen in the mail, so i used to procrastinate going into the businesses to pay my bill (unable to stand in line for more than a few minutes). so i ended up being late all the time.

now that everything is electronic, i come home from work on payday, pay all the bills that are due over the next two weeks and i'm done. i love it.

and i've never shopped at riteaid, so i don't know how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3161112;
    Has anyone, who shops at Rite Aid, noticed that if your purchase is less than $25 o and you are using your debit card as a credit card, that you don't have to sign the slip. $25.00 and up, and you are signing.
    Same with Starbucks, In and Out Burgers, Fast Food chains and my hairdresser! the charge is averages $110.00 and she doesn't have me sign my debit card transactions, not sure if this is legal.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My wonderful credit union will write a check for me, at no charge, and mail it out if the payee is not eligible for electronic transfer. It tells me the date that it will be written, and by when it will arrive. Saves me the postage and the bother. I've had no complaints since I've been using their services.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread