+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6242Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Damn hypotheticals catch me every time
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I want $3.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3159744;
    My thought exactly! It's not as though writing the numbers in the ledger is brain surgery, or simple subtraction is rocket science.
    Really--I write down every purchase as I make it, just as if I were writing checks. That way I don't have to go back and check anything, I know my balance at all times. I do double check it once a month just to make sure I diden't forget even one thing; I maybe mess up once every six months or so, but I try to keep at least a small amount of excess in the account just in case.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

So my first day went really, really, really well. I enjoyed it immensely. It was a lot easier than I expected (I had to learn some computer programs I have not normally had to use), and learn how to close down the museum (LOTS of light switches and things to turn off). But I also got to talk to lots of visitors and make a gift basket, for the gift shop, so that was fun.
    I think I'm going to like this. I don't know why I was so nervous. There are a LOT of little things that I got asked to do, so I will stay busy, so that's good. I hate not being busy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3159748;
    Wow my bank immediately subtracts and adds to balances even if pending, the only time it takes about 24 hours to add is if a deposit is not direct deposit, and even so once i subtract it I know my rough balance. If there is any doubt I pay by credit card and then transfer the amount from my checking to the credit card for payment when I get home.
    I have posted a slight omission here and would like to correct it, the BOLD is the correction:

Wow my bank immediately subtracts and adds to balances even if pending, the only time it takes about 24 hours to add is if a deposit is not direct deposit, and even so once i subtract it I know my rough balance. My accounts show TOTAL Balance and AVAILABLE Balance because of the non direct deposits etc. The only time something does NOT show up right away is for those three checks I write to my building owner, cell phone carrier, dentist. I am even thinking of credit carding my dentist to eliminate that one check.

Sounds like a GREAT day myrosiedog - Keep the karma flowing

MRD

It is 66 here this morning and the high is only supposed to be in the mid 80's today. I am so excited.
    2 days ago it was already 82 at 8 in the morning and got up to 101 in the afternoon.

I am sure enjoying my coffee on the patio this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3160608;
    It is 66 here this morning and the high is only supposed to be in the mid 80's today. I am so excited.
    2 days ago it was already 82 at 8 in the morning and got up to 101 in the afternoon.
    Oh, isn't it nice? Two days ago I got in my car after work and it was 114 in the parking lot. Unbelievable. One guy actually had his rear window shatter from the heat Thursday, he didn't have his windows cracked and the heat just built up until something had to go.

Maybe I can get some yardwork done without risking heat stroke this morning...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

It's in the mid 50's here and only supposed to get up to the mid 70's. I'm sitting here with my warmest hoodie on and the window open. I'm trying really hard not to go on and on about the Neti Pot experience. I'm am just amazed at the lack of daily symptoms I had been putting up with and medicating.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3160596;
    So my first day went really, really, really well. I enjoyed it immensely. It was a lot easier than I expected (I had to learn some computer programs I have not normally had to use), and learn how to close down the museum (LOTS of light switches and things to turn off). But I also got to talk to lots of visitors and make a gift basket, for the gift shop, so that was fun.
    I think I'm going to like this. I don't know why I was so nervous. There are a LOT of little things that I got asked to do, so I will stay busy, so that's good. I hate not being busy.
    I'm glad that things went so smoothly MRD.....how nice to finally be reimbursed for your efforts and to do it being somewhere you love
    CYA

MRD

Wayward and Gut, isn't it nice out? I can't believe it.

Wayward, I've never heard of a window shattering from the heat before. That's crazy. 114 degrees. Wow! And I thouht 101 was bad. My car air conditioning is still out and 2 days ago we were out and I thought I would pass out in the car when we had to stop at lights.

It's been awful here, but today is gorgeous. I am meeting some friends for lunch and then I may take Rosie and Bogie to the park.

+ Reply to Thread