+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4485Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Buglover, I think you have every right to be upset that he cancelled the date because of the girls. They are teenagers right? They do not have to do everything with you.
    Maybe you can talk to him about this. They don't want to do everything with him all the time either I'm guessing, so you shouldn't have to include them in everything you and Mr. Buglover do either.
    My daughter doesn't always go with me and my husband when we have plans and we almost never get invited to go anywhere with her and her boyfriend. I shouldn't say almost never. I can't think of a single time they asked if we'd be interested in going to the movies with them or anything else.

Couples need time alone time without the children. It re-energizes you to be with the children (without doing them bodily harm. kidding here! but you get the point.)

Miss Kitty, you might check with the police, but I doubt anything would come of it, as there were no witnesses (other than you), so the police couldn't prove a case of assault anyway.
    The nerve of some people, I tell you. So many people have such a sense of entitlement don't they?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Why didn't they just call hospital security or a cop to remove the man?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

um, it could have been me, even though I don't drive that kind of vehicle. I also don't live up there, but I do have a feeling of entitlement! Does that count? I think we're going to see a lot more of people being upset and flying off the handle. They must not have a group of friends to write their feelings to. Thanks for the FoRT!

Gut, I once knew someone who would stick stuff into his nose and bring it out his mouth. It was the grossest thing! I don't know if I'd even want to try a piece of string, though.

Buglover, I'd try to talk alone w/Mr Buglover to see if there was a way to compromise. I love to compromise! I know my kids didn't want to do everything I wanted to do when they were teens. Maybe he's overcompensating!

I think you are right famita. He is overcompensating. He needs to let his guilt go of not moving to another state with his ex wife when the girls were small. He's the best father I've ever known. My own son's dad doesn't even call or email him...just sees him on scheduled visits and even then those get cancelled alot.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3157217;
    I've just started doing a web search to consider the neti pot or syringe method and ran across sutra neti - the practice of running a string through the nose and out the mouth (don't ask me how) and basically "flossing" the nasal passages. EEEWWW! Why Kosher salt? So far I've only run across the fact that it not be iodized.

You want salt with no preservatives. Some people use sea salt, but the sight/idea of the impurities in that bother me when I'm putting this stuff into a warm, damp environment. Kosher salt has nothing but NaCl in it, no additives and you get a decent amout for the money you spend. And you can pick it up at the grocery store, and you can use it for cooking, too. Sea salt is much more expensive and can be more of a hassle to get (special trip to a special store).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I only use kosher salt in cooking now.

I may have to get a neti pot next time I get sick. My allergies don't bother me enough to need one. (I am lucky as the rest of my family is not, but they won't even discuss neti pots)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, the idea is to start using the neti pot before you get sick, and it will prevent lots of little problems. I know I've had a lot fewer problems all around since I got mine. After using it, you wiill be surprised at how much better you are breathing even if nothing is actually 'wrong'.
    Gutmutter, I do use the regular non iodized salt, and it seems fine to me. It is important to use distilled water or at least boil (and obviously cool down to body temp!) first.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, I went out and got a Neti Pot yesterday. Actually I was looking for one for my son, too, but they only had one. It isn't the cute little ceramic one you always see pictured. It is NeilMed NasaFlo with 50 premixed packets of sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. It looks like a plastic blue tea pot with a male body part for a spout. () I tried it this morning and love the results. The youtube instructional video shows you using warm water out of the faucet and that's what I'm doing. If I have to use boiled or distilled water it's never going to happen. I want to make it a twice-daily routine. I made my son watch the video because I got him the squeeze-bottle alternative and last time I got him that he felt he had to use a lot of pressure. He has bad allergies and is always congested. And you were right about the eyes, too. I haven't had itchy eyes this morning at all since I used it.
    Count your blessings!

It looks like a plastic blue tea pot with a male body part for a spout.
    A beer belly for a spout? How odd!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Newf, you are on fire today! Thanks for the chuckles!

+ Reply to Thread