+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

And I still marvel at the fact that I get all kinds of relief (sneezing, snottiness, and eye itching, etc.) from just the cost of a box of Kosher salt!

I hate the drug companies almost as much as I hate the oil companies.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

we're 'compensated' for serving on jury duty ... $25 for 1/2 day and $40 for a whole day. but i have to turn that check over to my employer because i do get paid for that time off, so the money is actually theirs. that's okay ... i make way more than $40 in a day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3156378;
    And I still marvel at the fact that I get all kinds of relief (sneezing, snottiness, and eye itching, etc.) from just the cost of a box of Kosher salt!
    I think you and I are the only believers here, shay.
    Some of you allergy sufferers should give up the pills for a week, and try the neti pot 2x a day for that week, and you'll be sold too. I SWEAR it does not burn or feel like you are about to drown.
    By the way, it does help the eye itchies too--I don't know why.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Flushes the tear ducts! (I've been studying up!) Unblocked my clogged up ear. Stopped my sinus headache. I just love simplicity! Talked to a doc this week who said I could use it 3-4 times/day, no problem, but I've never had to use it that much....well, I did when I had a stupid cold.

You and Me, Sister!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-05-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Actually, I used the principle of the neti pot on my baby. When he was sick with bronchiolitis, the nurses taught me to flush his sinus cavities by filling a syringe with saline solution, then turn him on the side and pushing the content of the syringe in one nostril. Everything came out from the other. Gross, but I think it's the same thing as the neti pot, no? Why I don't do the same thing to myself when I'm congested with sinus problems, I don't know. I guess I'm too chicken, even though I could see it brought my son comfort.

Exactly the same principle. In fact, some people use that exact technique on themselves. You use it on your son, and you won't try it??? And we know you won't do anything to hurt him. Could you tell that he felt better?

Well last night wasn't a great night here on the homefront. Mr buglover and I were going to have a "date night" on Friday and go see a concert at the fair. It was his idea and I was really happy. We don't get away often together at all. Last night he made the decision that his girls would be upset if we didn't ask them to go along but we don't really have the money to have 4 of us go. So now we don't get to go either....... it doesn't make a lot of sense but I have to go with his wishes. I know in my heart the girls would be fine with it but he is on this kick because they are living here now that he needs to do everything they want to do to keep them happy. We have already taken all the kids last weekend and spent over $300 that whole day.
    My son is going to go camping with a neighbor so I don't need to worry about him. I'm not sure how to approach the issue because I don't want to seem like I'm trying to "control" anything. It is my life too and I am a little worried that his sudden need to constantly please his kids is going to drop me to the very back of the line.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've just started doing a web search to consider the neti pot or syringe method and ran across sutra neti - the practice of running a string through the nose and out the mouth (don't ask me how) and basically "flossing" the nasal passages. EEEWWW! Why Kosher salt? So far I've only run across the fact that it not be iodized.
    Count your blessings!

A bit of change of subject; I saw a case of parking rage yesterday.

I was waiting to be picked up at the University Hospital after my IV and witnessed the following. The entrance I was waiting at has a drop off and pick up spot. You are not allowed to park there. There are meters you can park at before and after this turn around. Even cabs are not allowed to park and wait...they must park opposite.

So, there is a man in a Toyota who has obviously "parked" in the middle of this loading zone. There are patients being picked up, a child being transferred from a wheelchair into his parents truck and so on. Mr. Toyota is just sitting there. Taking up space for more than 1/2 hours. The second man, I'll call him Mr. SUV was waiting on a bench outside for his ride. When it came, it couldn't pull up to the curb and double parked for a few minutes in the driving lane. The Wife of Mr. SUV got out and sat in the passenger side. As Mr. SUV was walking past Mr. Toyota, he stopped briefly and seemed to say something to him (My guess is: hey, this isn't a parking zone buddy). Mr. Toyota wasn't threatening, angry, or abusive. He then continued towards his SUV and got in. A few seconds later, Mr. Toyota flies into a rage, gets out of his car, slams the door, stomps toward the SUV and is obviously yelling and outraged. Mr. Toyota opens his door and steps outside but still behind the door, not sure what to expect. Mr. Toyota screams into his face, points his finger at him angrily and then, pushes the truck door onto Mr. Toyota sending him off balance. He then stomps back to his Toyota and sits in it fuming. I was shocked! These are two grown men who look like they are in their late 40's.

Mr. SUV then walks calmly towards Mr. Toyota's vehicle and goes to look at his license plate. He says something, doesn't yell or threaten, gets back in his vehicle and he and his wife slowly drive away (it is a hospital loading zone). I was expecting a fist fight and baseball bat to appear! Holy Smokes. I couldn't believe the angry dude slammed the SUV door at the poor guy.

I noted down Mr. Toyotas license plate as well. And as I was waiting for my ride, wondered why he thought he was so important and who could he be waiting for? Anyway, it turned out to be his able bodied wife, not a patient at all. His license plate was custom with a TSX # so he must think he's someone special.

Now I'm not sure if I should check with the police to see if a complaint was made against Mr. Toyota. I witnessed everything and am definitely on the side of Mr. SUV. I had my earbuds of my new Ipod in so I didn't hear words, but could visually understand what had happened.

But I think I should just stay out of it. You never know what can happen, and I don't want no trouble
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ah, but since he was still in the car, he wasn't parking, he was standing. It makes all the difference in the world. And I'm sure that he was much more important than anyone else using that entrance. /sarcasm
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread