+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Visine makes an allergy eyedrop that is fabulous. I love it. It really helps my eyes from itching, watering and turning red.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think we might have some here in the house. I'll ask Mr buglover to look for it for me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3155976;
    My eyes won't stop watering. I feel like I'm crying but I'm not sad. I've broken out the allergy medication (which I should have done a week ago) so hopefully this tearing up will stop. I cannot put makeup on with my eyes doing this or I'll end up like a boxer!
    My "big eye allergy" stuff happens in late spring, with a bit of an encore in late summer/early autumn. Visine allergy did NOTHING for me (my IgE is off the charts, though).Switching from Claritin to Zyrtec helped, but the real lifesaver has been these allergy eyedrops recommended by my optometrist when I went to him for my two-year checkup: Zaditor. It's kind of expensive -- $15 ballpark for a teeny-weeny 5 ml bottle -- but it's worth every cent! It used to be prescription, but recently (beginning of the year? sometime last year?) went OTC. I was even able to wear eye makeup on my Balboa Park days for school-without-walls!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3155964;
    Do they have Jim Cantore in a windbreaker and ball cap giving live coverage yet?

In 2004, we had so many storms in Florida, that the running joke got to be, if you spot Jim Cantore, RUN for the hills!

That's funny about the Denny's parking lot.
    Nope - Jim Cantore was no where in sight down here. In fact, I saw him on the weather channel this morning and thought, "What the heck - he's supposed to be down here on the beach!" I guess even he knew that it wasn't going to be a big enough deal for him to come down so that we could watch him stand in the wind and the rain!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I just started using prescription drops, too...Patanol. I used to claw at my eyes. I was also told to use cleaner on my contacts or not wear them because the allergens cling to the lenses and the regular soaking/wetting solution doesn't get them off.
    Count your blessings!

I've never had to wear contacts but my mother used to and she hated the fact that they would get so dry her eyes felt like they were on fire. She ditched them after a year of wearing them saying that even if her glasses were coke bottles she'd take comfort over beauty.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm getting to that point, too. I've worn my glasses almost exclusively this summer. I'll probably go back to contacts for school, though. I have to wear contacts and goggles when I swim. I hate not being able to see where I'm going. One of the advantages of wearing my glasses is that it gives me two sight options. If I need to read tiny writing or thread a needle, etc. I slide the glasses down my nose and look over them.
    Count your blessings!

I don't blame you Gut. My vision is good for distance but up close I'm beginning to do the arm extension thing to read small print!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3156208;
    I just started using prescription drops, too...Patanol. I used to claw at my eyes. I was also told to use cleaner on my contacts or not wear them because the allergens cling to the lenses and the regular soaking/wetting solution doesn't get them off.
    I used to use Patanol as well, it was definitely effective. I don't need it so much anymore, as allergy shots plus Allegra seem to do the job, but back in the day, Patanol was a godsend.

Quite annoyed though- since Zyrtec is now approved for over-the-counter use, and sold that way, my insurance company bumped all of those allergy drugs into the top tier. Trouble is, I haven't seen Allegra for sale over the counter yet, Claritin ceased to work for me years ago, and the few times I've taken Zyrtec, it's knocked me out... but I really don't want to pay $100 for a three month supply of Allegra!! /rant

I'm amazed at how effective it is. I used to literally rub and claw and put ice on my eyes. Now as soon as I start, I run and get the Patanol. One drop in each eye and immediate relief.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread