+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6928Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have a date with Eduoard tomorrow. Seriously, people around here are freaking nuts. It took me over two hours to get home tonight. Then there was a line at every gas station I went to. And my daycare is shut down tomorrow. Are you kidding me?? It's basically going to be a big thunderstorm by the time it gets here, if it even gets here. I understand taking precautions but at some point you have to realize that the weathermen just need a story! Now I have to take a 7-year-old and 3-year-old to work with me for a few hours because I have to be in the office in the morning. GREAT.

Bug, I'd just ignore the voicemail leaver. And if he happens to catch you sometime, pretend like you have no idea who he is. That'll cool his sails. "I'm sorry, Danny? Danny who? Danny Masterson? Hmm. Did we go to school together? I'm sorry, I feel so stupid but I'm just drawing a blank!"
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Burntbrat, hope Eduoard stands you up for that date.

yeah, everyone goes nuts when a hurricane comes. I remember when we were expecting Charley, forgot about getting bottled water or batteries, I couldn't even get strawberry poptarts or peanut butter! We laugh now, but the food items on the shelves that sold out were strawberry poptarts, peanut butter, tuna fish and vienna sausages. What a combo. I remember thinking that I really wouldn't want to have to eat all that together.

ETA: I have a confession. It's early and that's my excuse. I'm stating that now.
    when I first started reading your post, I thought: "edward? Man, that new Twilight book is just crazy. i can't believe how people are reacting to that if it's taking her 2 hours just to get home because of it."

Since I have a teen in the house, it's been all the Twilight series, all the time for the past few days. And I have seen stuff about it all over the internet, so it's apparantly what's been in my thoughts when I hear Edward or Eduoard lately.
    I did realize when you said that about lining up for gas, I started to get my first clue maybe it was something else.
    Last edited by MRD; 08-05-2008 at 07:58 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Happy Ragweed Season, everybody! I am exploding so much that I've changed my name to Mount St. Shay. Thank goodness for my neti pot, or I'd have to be drugged/asleep/grouchy 24/7; I am using it 3-4 times/day, but it is worth it. The kitties are giving me dirty looks for all of the noise that I am making. You'd think they'd forgotten who feeds/spoils them around here! Ingrates!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

All 3 of us at home are exploding on a regular basis. Time to get another 3-pack of Puffs Plus.
    Count your blessings!

I'm working from home today so that will avoid anything with the "caller"..
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3155510;
    I have a date with Eduoard tomorrow. Seriously, people around here are freaking nuts. It took me over two hours to get home tonight. Then there was a line at every gas station I went to. And my daycare is shut down tomorrow. Are you kidding me?? It's basically going to be a big thunderstorm by the time it gets here, if it even gets here. I understand taking precautions but at some point you have to realize that the weathermen just need a story! Now I have to take a 7-year-old and 3-year-old to work with me for a few hours because I have to be in the office in the morning. GREAT.
    Burnbrat - I'm laughing right along with you, as I'm also down here - I'm about 15 miles from the island. Honestly - Mr. C and I are at all of the media hype! The news channels are all running continuous "Tracking Edouard" coverage, and you're right - it's really just an overblown rainstorm with pockets of gusty wind. They are really having to S T R E T C H to find stories to report on - they seriously just did a live report from a Denny's - showing how the water was collecting in a low spot in the parking lot. I wanted to say, "REALLY???" I'm shocked at how many businesses are shut down - I'm seriously laughing.

Now the upside to this storm is that it is currently 74 degrees outside and not likely to get a whole lot warmer . . . gotta love it!!!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I'm hoping for a verrrrrry small Eduard for every one in his path!

Is there any one who has a netipot who doesn't like it or it doesn't work for them?

Gut, we could also go hogwild w/the sculpture equipment and make some spending money. Individualized stills, wild nature, filigried frou-frous,...the sky's the limit!

Anyone want to sculpt a gnome for the yard? It can be very ugly!! I want to scare off the darn seagulls!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Do they have Jim Cantore in a windbreaker and ball cap giving live coverage yet?

In 2004, we had so many storms in Florida, that the running joke got to be, if you spot Jim Cantore, RUN for the hills!

That's funny about the Denny's parking lot.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My eyes won't stop watering. I feel like I'm crying but I'm not sad. I've broken out the allergy medication (which I should have done a week ago) so hopefully this tearing up will stop. I cannot put makeup on with my eyes doing this or I'll end up like a boxer!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread