+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Canadian Angel, that sounds scary too. Glad nothing happened.

Well this is tax free weekend here on clothes and school supplies and I made the horrible mistake of trying to take something back at the mall for my daughter. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!! I wondered why the parking lot was so crowded. (I didn't know it was tax free weekend, until I asked the salesgirl doing the refund why it was so crowded). But inside it was even worse and apparantly the stores don't have enough employees as they've cut back due to the economy (according the harried clerk that was waiting on me).

I am so glad I don't have to do back to school shopping anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's the beauty of having a boy. He could care less about having new clothes. If they still fit and don't have holes in them, he'll wear them until they don't fit anymore. For me, it's shoes. I have to buy him a couple pairs of shoes each year because he does wear them out.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3152016;
    Here I go again, butting in and off-topic . . .

Last Saturday, I had not one, but TWO very close lightning strikes. How close? On the first one, there was just the barest of pauses between the light and the sound. On the second, there was a perceptible delay, but of only a few tenths of a second. The odd thing was, I was on the very fringe of the storm, and could see blue sky almost overhead. I was working at the computer when the first one (figuratively) lifted me out of my chair; on the second, I was walking down the driveway to get the newspaper. It was about 20 minutes after the first strike, so I thought that the storm had surely passed--WRONG!! On the second strike, when I was outside, it felt like someone had run a pencil through the center of my heart, which I found to be an odd sensation. I'm still finding damage. My office copier/scanner/fax is fried, and so is my home answering machine. Three of my four phone lines (one home line, two office voice lines, and a dedicated fax line) were fried--those got fixed Thursday. Two of my indoor phone jacks got fried, and one face-plate was blown off of the wall. My battery-operated alarm clock lost its setting, and ended up about 5 hours out of whack. Yesterday, I found an electrical outlet with the face plate blown off. DAMN!! None of the computers were damaged, thank goodness.

The really, really odd part was that when I was (almost) struck out of the blue, I wasn't being as sacrilegious as usual
    OK Mr. Newfherder -- WHAT have YOU been DOING???

As low as $3.46 here in Columbus.
    Columbus Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Ohio

Unklescott, what a beautiful baby!!!! Congratulations! I love love love new babies!!! I watch the show Bringing Home Baby just to see newborns! The cheapest gas here is at Costco and it is $4.34/gallon. Stinks, doesn't it?

I've got to say I am so aggravated right now by stupid people!! I've worked with someone for 13 years and every single year the same problems, the same questions come about that force me to have to work over time to get things done on time for release. ARGHH!! I've just put coconut-curry chicken in the oven and it will be done soon......... thanks for listening!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD: It's tax-free weekend here too. NOT going shopping. I wish they'd extend the tax-free benefits to those of us who just have pets!

Bug: You'd think after 13 years, this person would figure out what he/she is doing! Mr. Doxie has an idiot at work who calls him at least once a week with the SAME question about her printer.

Newf: That is SO scary. I'm glad that you are ok and I hope that your AC is fixed soon. We had a problem with ours (not sure if it was caused by a storm) and it turned out to be a loose wire that was flipping the breaker.

About 20 years ago, I was at my parents' house talking on the (non-cordless) phone when lightning struck a tree in their backyard. Sparks came out of the phone and we later discovered that several outdoor electrical outlets and one light fixture had been blown to smithereens. Needless to say, I have NOT talked on the phone (even a cordless or cell phone) during a thunderstorm since then. Mr. Doxie and everyone else make fun of me, but I'm taking no chances!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

What a sweet little boy! Congratulations Unk, now go out and spoil him.

We aren't going to have remote problems for awhile, two tv's, and mr. gracie will take time to get used to regular people hours after 24 years on the night shift so he's sleeping during his usual hours. One day and there are just too many things he wants to do. He can't decided where to start.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Glad to hear your ok Newf, it is scary. we had a strike here 2 weeks or so back. Fried our phone, dvr, computer sound system and something else. Really lucky that all the computers are ok. We were told surge protectors are no match for a lightening strike and to unplug completely during such storms.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's what I think is an interesting issue. One of the kids at my center where I tutor asked me if I was married. In truth, I said that I used to be. He asked me if "he'd left me"...I told him that I'd left him. And then he proceeded to tell me about his parents and how they had fought about money, and his sister and him. We talked about why people leave each other.

That is the first time that I've dealt with something like that. I really didn't know where to go from there. Luckily, something interrupted us, and I was out of that loop. This broke my heart for him. For me...yeah, well...whatever.... and made me not like my ex- all over again.

Teachers have so many social work issues to deal with, in addition to basic teaching issues. You guys have all of my respect, because I couldn't do it.

God bless all of you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread