+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Congratulations to Mr. Gracie!

One or both of you could look into volutneer opportunities.
    Count your blessings!

Congrats to Mr Gracie! Hope he has a lot of outside interests (I've heard about those who retire and then don't know what to do with themselves).

I told my boss about the jury duty and he said I couldn't go. I called and explained (with him sitting next to me) that I was the only one working in my office and that he said absolutely NO. I then asked to be put back on jury duty in January. I really believe in our right to a fair trial, and I want to serve. He (my boss) is going to have to do something about staffing well before then. Out of 2 offices with 6 people working, we are down to 2 1/2 people working (I count him as the 1/2!). The only time he comes here is when he brings me a pay check. Sorry about the rant, but I was looking forward to time away from the office!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hopefully, if he does not cooperate, he'll be held in contempt of court. Hope he decides to do the right and honorable thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Congrats to Mr. Gracie and I hope you can work it out. I can't stress enough about the value of doing volunteer work. And there are so many different kinds of places that need it, so if one of you gets on the other's nerves, Volunteer.

Famita, I'm sorry to hear that your boss is still being a big doo-doo head. I hope you get to serve. While I don't really WANT to, I know it's my duty too and I will do it. (and like my husband said, I will be compensated. Ha! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

gracie, congrats to your husband for retiring. My biggest problem when my husband retires will probably be fighting over the remote . Hopefully you'll both find things to keep busy, with and without each other.

famita, I don't think legally your boss could keep you from jury duty. At least I know here that if they call you up, you must show up if your number is on the recording for the next day. I think we can defer once, with a legitimate reason, but I don't think "the boss said no" would count. The court doesn't care about his staffing problems. He sounds like a jerk. I remember he gave you a hard time last year.

MRD

Archie,
    I'm reading a book right now where the husband and wife get in an argument and she turns all the tv's to the Hallmark channel and packs the remotes in her suitcase and leaves for the night. I just about fell off my chair when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3151258;
    [
    famita, I don't think legally your boss could keep you from jury duty. At least I know here that if they call you up, you must show up if your number is on the recording for the next day. I think we can defer once, with a legitimate reason, but I don't think "the boss said no" would count. The court doesn't care about his staffing problems. He sounds like a jerk. I remember he gave you a hard time last year.
    That's right--and Famita, if you didn't get anything in writing saying you are excused, you are not, at least anywhere I've ever heard of. Unfortunately, it won't be your boss, but you who will be in contempt if you don't show. You were served notice, and you have to go. Be very careful about deciding to just skip it! And maybe the court has some sort of form letter for bosses who just don't get it or care. What an aggravation--and I'm sorry, but your boss is a dolt. He is not the boss of the court system, and they don't go by his rules. It's not up to him to "let" you go to jury duty.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Bosses can claim that you are needed and can fill out a from to send it to the court system. At least in Florida. Because I had a boss that did that for me as they claimed I HAD to be there and not on jury duty.

But Famita, I would double check it because it is you and not your boss who will be held in contempt.

Well here in Milwaukee, you can defer for 6 months, small business owners where there is only the one person could get excused, but if you "skip" it YOU will be held in contempt as you are the one that was served. What you have done is defer until January but then you must report for duty. Your boss cannot say "NO" to the justice system and the work will survive your not being there.

+ Reply to Thread