+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

myrosiedog: We can't grow gardenias up here. Too cold.
    buglover: I hope you find a new ring that fits just right!
    famita: Have fun on jury duty! "Guilty as charged!"
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Allow me to share my gardenia story from about 3 months ago. Oy - embarrassing story, but here goes. I had never used a barbeque grill before - always allowed Mr. M to handle that area. I decided that I was going to grill some chicken myself for a salad. So I went outside, turned on the grill to heat up. Very simple. Except I kind of forgot about it for about 30 minutes or so -- no biggie I thought at the time. Grilled the chicken - which turned out perfectly, I was so proud of myself - and turned off the grill. Next day, Mr. M asks me what I did to the gardenias out back. I had no idea what he was talking about. Ummm.... it seems that I had the dials wrong on the grill and what I had thought was low was actually blazing hot. And since it had been on for so long on the highest setting possible - it seems that it torched the 2 gardenia plants that were closest to it. Oops They were beyond saving - although goodness knows I tried. One would think I learned my lesson, but I have still had trouble with that damn dial a couple of times since Mr. M thinks maybe I have it out for the rest of the plants outside

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3150392;
    I just got my notice to report to jury duty next month. I will let my boss know, since that means he'll have to cover for me! I know he won't so I might not have to serve.
    I have it too. Too bad we don't live in the same town as maybe we could serve together.

And Margaritaville, that is exactly why I don't grill. That and my husband won't "let" me. Truth be known, I'm fine with him not "letting" me because I fear that if I learn how, then I'd have to do it forever.
    So he grills and I do the inside food. (he also cooks inside, but when it's a grill night, he cooks outside and I cook inside.)
    Also we are not "allowed" to have a gas grill. My husband hates them and only uses wood chips or charcoal. So I really dont want to have to learn to start a fire in the grill and then judge when the coals are ready, etc.

I'm sorry about your gardenias.

Buglover, I had a silver spoon bracelet that my parents gave me when I graduated 8th grade. I wore that thing until I was probably in my 30's and it broke and I couldn't get it fixed. I had worn it so long that I had almost worn the ingraving off of it. (it had my name on it). I still have the 2 pieces. But I felt so naked as I had worn it for over 20 years.
    I hope you find something soon to replace it. I love pawn shops for that kind of jewelry. The thumb ring I have, I got in a pawn shop for CHEAP several years ago.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-31-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

LOL Margaritaville, I hate it when my husband thinks I can't do something. There are many things he does better than me but there's nothing he can do that I can't do... well almost nothing.
    I have never mown a lawn. I had bought a new sandbox for the kids and I wanted to cut the grass around the sandbox area. Hubby was sleeping and I didn't want to disturb him so I went to the shed, got the lawnmower, took it over to the area I wanted to cut, then searched for 10 minutes for the slot to plug the extention cord into. I couldn't find it so I gave up, put my sandbox in place and huffily thought "hubby will just have to use the whipper snipper".
    When he got up I told him about my little adventure - when I got to the cord part he started choking on his o.j. Apparently our lawnmower is gas powered and is in no need of a power cord! That was years ago and he still tells the story.

Warning: Rant about to ensue.

I want to talk about jeans. I love jeans, they are comfortable, versatile and affordable (mostly). Since I work with kids I wear a uniform of sorts, jeans and a sweatshirt/t-shirt in the winter. I only buy 5-6 pairs at a time so they can wear out quickly.
    Why in the hell am I having so much trouble finding 100% cotton jeans? I don't want Lycra, Spandex, Elastane or any other stretchy material mixed with my beloved cotton!
    I want my jeans to fit me from the time I put them on until the time I take them off. I do not want to buy jeans that are skin tight in the morning and sagging in the ass by supper time!
    Just because I am plus-sized does NOT mean I need everything stretchy. I like the cotton - it holds some stuff in place! I usually buy my jeans at Cotton Ginny and they have discontinued the 100% cotton as has Penningtons and Edition Elle. I don't want to wear Wal Mart Levis (mom jeans) and I don't want to pay $200 for seven7 jeans.
    I want my all natural, breathable cotton back!

/end

*phew* I feel better now

Oh! and!! I was online looking for jeans last night and I found some that I loved the look of. The Old Navy Diva jean. Problem?? Plus size is only offered online and they don't ship to Canada!! grrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Duxxy; 07-31-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: forgot something
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Duxxy,

I find plus size jeans about a year ago at the Lee's Outlet. they were cotton, no stretch and were $20 a pair.

If you don't have a Lee's or Lee's outlet near you, perhaps you can find them online?

I love my Lee's. I used to ONLY wear Levi's (and I bought men's), but that was years ago and the Lee's fit so much better.

I'm like you, I don't want a saggy butt 2 hours after I put them on and the Lee's do not sag.

ETA: Actually I think mine are called Lady Lee's.

MRD I live in a city of 250 000 that thinks and acts like we are still a one horse town. We have nothing in the way of outlet malls, hell, we just got a Costco 3 years ago! Thanks for the tip, I'm going to keep looking
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3150579;
    MRD I live in a city of 250 000 that thinks and acts like we are still a one horse town. We have nothing in the way of outlet malls, hell, we just got a Costco 3 years ago! Thanks for the tip, I'm going to keep looking
    Maybe someplace else sells them? I know that Lee's used to be fairly popular and maybe one of the department stores carry them? Do you have Penny's? I used to like their Arizona jeans brand, but it's been a long time since I wore any of those.

Kohl's Department Store online sells Lee's.

Personally, my favorite jeans are from Newport News (catalog, also online). There "Jeanology" line carries several style, color, and fabric choices -- yes, including 100% cotton -- and it frequently has them on sale. (I got my last couple of pair for $20 each. I think the plus sizes run a couple bucks more, but not a lot.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Well, mr. gracie did it! Last night was his last at work, he is now officially retired after 38 years at the same place. I've resigned myself to it and we'll live with the decision, but he had the nerve to ask me this morning if it was the right thing to do. Ha!! Kind of late in the game for that don't you think. The time to rethink would have been at the beginning of June before we signed all of the papers. I think he'll be happier when he gets used to the idea and we get used to being around each other all the time. We are both going to have to change how we do things and learn to compromise more on some of the minor issues. Otherwise one of us will have to get a job, just to keep sanity in the house.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Congrats to Mr. gracie. Good luck to you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread