+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

At least here on the east coast we get fair warning as to hurricanes, blizzards etc.....I can't imagine not knowing when the ground under your feet might start moving. My niece who lives very near the epicenter is, thankfully back here visiting her parents this week. I'm happy to hear that no one was hurt and I hope there are no major aftershocks to come.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While everybody is freaking out about the earth tremors (have to admit that it is a strange experience), one of my kitties, Miss Chloe, jumped up on the ironing board for and "adventure sit" yesterday. I came into the room, saw her there and responded more strongly than I should have. She springs off the ironing board, where a hot iron was sitting, the iron goes flying to the carpeted floor. Now I am the not-so-proud owner of a melted iron spot on my carpet. Once I got over being angry and she was in hiding, I realized that it was really my fault. My over-reaction caused her to do what she did. It was all just so unnecessary. Any advice on what I do now? I know it can't be cured. This carpet was here waaay before I moved in. Miss Chloe and I are on good terms again....she forgave me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You're right, prhoshay, it can't be remedied once burned, I don't think..The only thing I would do now, is move a piece of furniture over the spot if you can, to hide it. Glad you and Miss Chloe are once again on speaking terms!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Glad to hear that no one was hurt by the earthquake. I've felt a few here in NW Ohio over the years, but they are so slight that you have to be still to feel them. There is a minor fault under Lake Erie.

All the jury duty talk is ironic to me because my not-quite 19 year old daughter has jury duty today. I couldn't even tell her what to expect because although I've been called to serve several times, it has always been settled out of court before I had to report. It is just our local municipal court and the trials there are usually less than a day. It will probably be a DUI or someone contesting a traffic ticket.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

The stupid "meltdown" is in a spot where I can't hide it with furniture, wouldn't you just know it. I guess I should just be grateful that the hot iron didn't land on the leather sofa. On second thought, it would be easier to get rid of the damaged sofa.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Can you put an area rug over it?
    Count your blessings!

Not really. It's immediately behind my leather sofa. I've never been a fan of area rugs. I always picture my graceful self tripping over it. I guess I could go to a carpet store and have somebody come out to see if they can cut out the damaged area and fit another piece into it. Even moving the sofa and putting a chair there would not work.

We knocked over a candle in the bedroom and it actually melted/burnt an area of carpet there. We're going to cut that piece out and put a small piece of carpet in the area and stretch it. Hopefully it will work. I can't believe the wax actually melted the carpet and created a hole!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3148961;
    At least here on the east coast we get fair warning as to hurricanes, blizzards etc.....I can't imagine not knowing when the ground under your feet might start moving. My niece who lives very near the epicenter is, thankfully back here visiting her parents this week. I'm happy to hear that no one was hurt and I hope there are no major aftershocks to come.

ITA Bunny. The weather people give us ample time for hurricanes and blizzards. Even warnings for tornadoes and, at least in the US, tsunamis. But earthquakes, nada!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3149118;
    Not really. It's immediately behind my leather sofa. I've never been a fan of area rugs. I always picture my graceful self tripping over it. I guess I could go to a carpet store and have somebody come out to see if they can cut out the damaged area and fit another piece into it. Even moving the sofa and putting a chair there would not work.
    Which is, of course, why the ironing board was where it was! Right out in the open. Arghhh. Just be glad that the iron didn't land on the kitty!

Could you maybe put some baskets on top of the spot.....and keep kitty toys, magazines, etc., since it is directly behind the sofa?

+ Reply to Thread