+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6578Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3146910;
    haha I always thought that would be an interesting job, maybe not so much after all..

I havent actually had to do jury duty, everytime it comes up I have a valid reason for not doing it and I get excused, and Im one that would love to give it a try..so hopefully when it comes again I can actually do it...its come twice and I havent been able to either time.

we were at the hospital till 2am this morning because my sister was having contractions...she is due October 4th, so its way to early for that..though she can have labor pains until the due date and till the baby is born from what I understand..I dont have any kids and I dont know much about having babies lol so Im learning a lot. She turned out to be ok, probably dehydrated or something..the doctor sent her home.

My friend makes pretty decent money, but says the job is long periods of boredom, interspersed with occasional moments of excitement. After she has spent a day in court, or in attorney's offices taking depositions, then she has to go home and transcribe the reporting she did, make copies for all the pertinent parties, etc. She actually spends more time at home transcribing, making copies and mailing out the reports than she does in an actual courtroom. She's been doing it for 15 years and would love to get in another field. She says it's just not something she enjoys anymore. She refuses to do criminal cases, and most work is civil work anyway. But she has to travel in her area quite a bit and she says that now gas is so high, it's eating into her expenses. She does more depositions in attorney's offices than in court as a lot of civil work is settled before it ever makes it to court, but she does do a few court cases a year.

Hope your sis and the baby are ok and that the baby will behave until it's time to make it's appearance in Oct.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have never gone to jury duty. I have only received 3 summons in my adulthood. Everytime mr buglover is summoned, he sits there all day and never gets on a jury. He must not be a "peer" to anyone in the whole county!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Where I worked, when you finished with jury duty, you had to report for work, if your shift was still going on or about to happen. What a drag! Unfortunately, I'm expected to serve my jury duty in October. I don' wanna!!!!

It's going to be a billion, gazillion degrees here today, and I've got to go deal with "my little darlins' ". I walked out early yesterday! Wish me luck! Why these kids don't wash their hair more frequently in the summer time, I'll never know. I know they, and their parents, can smell it!!! P - U!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My son used to do that in the summer, not wash his hair everyday. I told him I was going to shave it if he didn't start washing it and he has done it daily every since!
    Yup, with donuts!!

WHOA!! Nice big earthquake her a couple of minutes ago. Scared the crap out of me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

You okay buglover? I've lived through a few of those up here, and they are no fun.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Yea, it was a rolling one but it seemed to go on forever! My cat ran under the couch and 2 seconds later it started rolling.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3148011;
    Yea, it was a rolling one but it seemed to go on forever! My cat ran under the couch and 2 seconds later it started rolling.
    The faults up here are pretty deep so we almost always get the rolling ones. The last big one was February 28, 2001. I was on the 40th floor of an office building that started rocking. It was pretty disconcerting.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3148012;
    The faults up here are pretty deep so we almost always get the rolling ones. The last big one was February 28, 2001. I was on the 40th floor of an office building that started rocking. It was pretty disconcerting.
    Oh I bet! We were 10 miles from the epicenter of the Northridge Quake in 94 and man oh man that was the scariest thing I've ever gone through. This was just a little longer than I would have liked. My brain totally went to the ... I don't know if this is the big one! ....... then it was over!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I didn't feel it here -- They just don't happen as often as they used to.

CNN is saying it was felt as far away as Vegas???

+ Reply to Thread