+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Queenb, you have such wonderful things to add to the conversation, miss that too. But have a GREAT vacation, where are you going this time?

I've heard a lot of you in a lot of different threads say this, yet I haven't had a problem and let me tell you, my new internet company leaves a LOT to be desired, but apparantly in this part of South Carolina there are 2 choices. Dialup or this company. And I honestly think dialup would be faster. I do believe the cable company is using hamsters in wheels to power their servers.

Anyway, even with my not so great server, I haven't had a problem on the fort. Hmmm. Maybe I'm just lucky.

And yes Lois, I do miss your scintillating and exciting prose!

Oh Muduh, I love that soup and got the recipe a few months ago and made it. Beware it makes enough to feed everyone on the Fort. The 2nd time I made it I cut the recipe in half. But GOOOOOD??? I am now salivating thinking about you making it.
    I am having trouble with my computer so I never know if it's the computer, or Fort. I do manage to get here enough though, as I'm sure that most will agree.

I plan to make the whole recipe of soup and share with my neighbors next door. I have some vegetable soup that I'm headed over there with in just a few minutes. Glad to know that it's (O G soup) as good as I remembered.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I am having trouble with my computer so I never know if it's the computer, or Fort. I do manage to get here enough though, as I'm sure that most will agree.

I plan to make the whole recipe of soup and share with my neighbors next door. I have some vegetable soup that I'm headed over there with in just a few minutes. Glad to know that it's (O G soup) as good as I remembered.
    Um, make enough for us and post the recipe in the RECIPES thread if you get a chance! I've never had this soup before!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I've applied for the FORT witness protection program and have a new look via my avatar, but my brilliant, insightful comments (some would say ego-driven, smart-ass, off-topic, obscure-reference, delicate-as-a-sledgehammer comments, but what do they know?) give me away every time.
    Yeah, that and the fact that you forgot to change your signature line. A little like changing your address and name, but not your phone number.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Some of my opinions haven't been very well received lately so I've been laying low.
    Word? I look forward to laughing at what you say. I swear.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Yeah, that and the fact that you forgot to change your signature line. A little like changing your address and name, but not your phone number.
    Several FORTers use the traditional wording of my signature line, so I figured that people would just see how it starts and assume that it's the same cliche that is used in one-third of all match.com profiles. You may be the only one to read it

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Word? I look forward to laughing at what you say. I swear.
    OK, I translated that through my Old Fart - Young Person Dictionary, and I think you're asking if I'm serious. Let's just say that I can get a little testy, especially in Current Events, and I (deservedly) lose at least one post a month. I do appreciate you saying that you find the humor in my posts
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Newfherder, who is the lady in your avatar? (And is she the same one who was in your last one?)

I was completely fooled by the change Newf. Never did figure out it was you hiding there.

I just don't have much to say lately. The only show I'm watching is Project Runway and while I like it, it doesn't fill me with the urge to post. My cold has me tired still and I'm not on the computer much anymore. Those darn kids are usually tying it up.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Several FORTers use the traditional wording of my signature line, so I figured that people would just see how it starts and assume that it's the same cliche that is used in one-third of all match.com profiles. You may be the only one to read it
    Oh, I read it. Because I'm usually half asleep, it took me a good twenty readings before I figured out how it went awry. I'm not very bright when I'm all snoozy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Newfherder, who is the lady in your avatar? (And is she the same one who was in your last one?)
    She is Cristina Nassif, an American soprano. She is singing the role of Violetta this December for the Wichita Grand Opera's production of La Traviata. Gone, but not forgotten , is Eugenia Garza, a Mexican soprano who sang Mimi (La Boheme) two years ago for the WGO.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I've deleted a bunch of posts in here, and just let me say this right here. If anyone has any issues with their posts being deleted or how the staff runs things, take it up with me personally. If it continues in here, people will be taking vacations. You've all been here way long enough to know this, and I'm disappointed in this series of posts I removed.

+ Reply to Thread