+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I got a jury summons today. Rattus, what is it you tell them about being deaf and having to go to the restroom a lot???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

that didn't work for me

i wrote them a letter saying that i am mobility challenged and can't walk distances, i have a bad back and can't sit for long periods, have to pee every hour (all of these are true), and asked to be excused for medical reasons. their response was that i needed to have it in writing from the doctor "to be considered", in other words they couldn't guarantee it.

well, i couldn't afford a $30 doctor's visit, so i ended up going in anyway. it was a HORRIBLE experience. the handicapped parking was way in the back of the building and we could only enter in the front! i was in so much pain by the time i got in the building that i was in tears. the security guy offered me a chair when i got in there, but then i still had to make my way down the hall to the jury room.

i was there for a whopping 30 minutes, just long enough to watch the orientation video. when we were done with that, we were told that all of the cases for the day settled without a trial and we were free to go home. so i had to struggle to get back out to my car in the handicapped spot the in the back of the building IN THE MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY. i was soooo furious! and in pain!

next time i DO go to my doctor's office, i plan on getting a letter to keep with me for the next time i'm called. i CANNOT go through that again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3144702;
    Arctic Zone - Hydration

Is this similar? Now is a good time of year to find them. Look at your Target type store with the school lunch boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3144763;
    I know this one is smaller, but it's a start. Hope it helps.

CamelBak Insulated Water Bottle Sleeve - 25 oz. from REI.com

These are 2 really great leads on products/product names!! The one that I have is several years old, and is looking pretty grungy. Mine has a 'kitties in sunglasses' theme going on, and fades miserably if you wash it. I do know that it came from a gift shop at Mickey Gilley's place in Branson, MO. Maybe I'll try to find a phone number!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was summonsed for Jury duty next month and I thought, "Finally! they call me when I don't have to get off work for it". I sent the postcard right back saying I could do it and I got a notice back the next week saying I wasn't needed afterall, but it didn't count as having served (I can be called again anytime). Grrrrrrr.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

This is the first time that I've gotten a notice that doesn't give you an out. In Florida, if you were over 70, or had a child at home under 6 or several other reasons, you could check the box and send it back for an automatic exemption.

This one has none of that. I will show up and see what happens I guess. It IS my civic duty afterall. Not one I'm happy about, but that's part of the price for the rights I do have. So I shall not complain. (too loudly)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3144855;
    I got a jury summons today. Rattus, what is it you tell them about being deaf and having to go to the restroom a lot???
    That is what I told them, and apparently it worked. But if that had failed, my intention was to actually give in to my usual inclination to fall asleep when I'm bored (ie. when sitting in the waiting room, when being asked questions about something I do not want to do, etc). I'm pretty sure my half deaf, peeing, snoring self would not appeal to either side.

And a big happy for me - today's the first time I've been able to type for a couple of days because I can now get both my eyes open. The pain is still excrutiating and I really, really don't like oxycodone, and the sores...well, I won't get into them, but I can see. Yay! And I believe that I may have lost 10 or 15 pounds.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

During jury selection, this man was behind me and he get sniffling and snorting, and he was excused quickly. I wasn't so lucky and ended up a juror in a month long murder trial. If you make distracting noises and are just plain annoying, they will dismiss you quickly.

MRD

Oh, I can do annoying.

Rattus, I am glad you are feeling some better. Been wondering how you were doing.

But if there is a silver cloud, you did lose weight. Not the easiest way to go about it, but it you are that miserable at least something good did come out of it right?
    (just slap me and call me Pollyanna. I probably would if I was you! )

Grrrrr!! One of my daycare parents bounced a cheque. How rude! I did the work I think I deserve to be paid.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

You think you have problems? I've bounced 3 checks and i'm now scared to go into my bank. I called my former boss, seeing as this is his fault and he copped to owing me. I'm now looking for a new job because get this, unless i want to work for free, he has nothing to pay me with. I spotted a good listing that i think i might go for.

P.S. im afraid i might be arrested the next time i go into my bank for a transaction.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread