+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6264Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3140714;
    It is made out to both of us. It states *son's name* and *mom's name* from the trust of ******.
    Do you have a copy of the trust? Depending on what it says, I'd try to set it up as an UTMA account. That way, he doesn't get the money until he's 21 but you can use it for his benefit before that.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thanks Mariner, I don't have a copy of the trust but my aunt does. I'm going to contact her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

A big thank you to everyone who insisted I go to the doctor. I cancelled the chiropractor and went to my GP instead, who said "OMG, you got here in the nick of time". It seems that I have shingles, and they're developing along the "ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve" (had to look that up), which can eventually cause vision loss. And going blind is very close to my biggest fear. So again, a big thank you for making me behave like an adult.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Good to read you went to your GP and know what you have and are getting it treated

Wow, Rattus, glad you found out in time!

Newf, when I gave lessons, I allowed them to pay every week and gave them a receipt right then. I can't imagine asking for a whole year in advance. Is there time off in Dec/Jan? Does she take other holidays? It seems a little weird to me (and it seems even weirder that she didn't laugh at your thumb joke! That blew me away!!)

Buglover, when my exhusband died and left money for my sons, I had to also become a trustee of my son. I could have used the money for him until he turned 18, but I didn't and when he turned 18, he had full access to the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3140788;
    A big thank you to everyone who insisted I go to the doctor. I cancelled the chiropractor and went to my GP instead, who said "OMG, you got here in the nick of time". It seems that I have shingles, and they're developing along the "ophthalmic division of the trigeminal nerve" (had to look that up), which can eventually cause vision loss. And going blind is very close to my biggest fear. So again, a big thank you for making me behave like an adult.
    I'm sorry to hear that Rattus. My grandmother had shingles and it was very painful. I hope you get better soon!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Newf - if the issue is that some students don't pay on time, then suggest that you could give her a check "in escrow" that she can keep against a late payment... and then continue to pay monthly.
    Rattus!!!! - Thank God you found out in time. Also one of my biggest fears since childhood. I got stronger glasses every year and figured that was only leading one place.
    Count your blessings!

Rattus I'm so sorry you have shingles, but I'm glad you went to the doctor and they were able to diagnose them. I feel really badly for you, they are supposed to be the most painful thing ever.

newf Does that story mean you're a monkey's uncle? In the evolutionary scale of things, I mean.

Rattus, I'm so glad you were able to get into your doctor's office so quickly and that he actually knew what was wrong. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Newf, just curious. I'm wanting to take piano lessons but don't know how easy/hard it is to learn as an adult. How many years have you been taking lessons and how many more do you think you'll need? . I know I need to learn the basics and how to read the music, but don't know that I want to spend years with a tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3140583;
    And what if one pays for a year's worth of lessons and she skips town two months later? Have fun trying to get all that money back. (Yes, I am that cynical.)

I would tell her that for your bookkeeping matters, you just cannot do it.
    I am that cynical also...even if she would never think of skipping town, what if you developed a physical or personal problem that would prevent you from playing the piano for a while, or if you had to leave town for some unforseen reason?

If she can't accomodate you, I'm sure there is another teacher somewhere near you that is just as capable and takes payment on a more traditional plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3140788;
    Dang, Rattus! I just saw this when I posted the above. I am SO glad you went to the MD's office, but very sorry to see that you have Shingles. My Dad had it and it seems horrible--but yours could have really turned your world upside down. Now, I'm not totally against chiropractors by any means, but this is why I am hesitant to ever see them first.
    Get well soon, and take it easy if you can.
    Last edited by queenb; 07-22-2008 at 09:57 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread