+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6237Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yikes chrelsey! Time to count my blessings. I can't even imagine... I never get headaches.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3139575;
    All of that to say that it really is possible for headaches to get worse - or even not go away at all - because of medications . . . even those prescribed by doctors.
    I too know from experience that this is true. I very rarely take medication for headaches, and I find that my usual headaches (those caused by low [or high, not sure] pressure systems moving in) can be eliminated if caught early by drinking a can of coke. Cluster headaches, unfortunately, are another painful creature entirely.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm sorry you have a headache Rattus. They are the worst. Usually cluster headaches for me are caused by my sinuses being really inflamed.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3138516;
    My twin sinister just bought a 40 year old bungalow which is in very good shape. She used to own a house so she has most of what she needs in the way of furniture, paintings, yard tools, etc. To say she's picky, opinionated, ungrateful, controlling, and sometimes downright rude, is to be truthful. However, as the wonderful family we are, we are trying to think of something we can get her for a housewarming present. She's not into meaningless stuff, and knows what she likes and doesn't like.

Would it be rude for us to give her some cash, so she could get whatever she decides she would like to have for her new place? I know she doesn't have a slow cooker, a George Forman Grill, and needs a new set of cookware because her stove is a glasstop now, not the kind with burners and her pots are very old. However, she has to pick out exactly what she wants as we would "never" do it right. ...

Would a gift card to The Bay from the family be considered tacky?
    misskitty, sorry I'm getting in on this late (big headache taking up all my time), but having read the other threads regarding the move, I agree with everyone with respect the fact that moving her should have been your gift.

When we moved four years ago, my sister and Mr. Rattus' friend helped out. Once everything was safely loaded into the new place (and we certainly didn't expect our helpers to put things away), we ordered pizza and just sat for the rest of the evening eating, drinking beer and talking - Mr. Rattus and I dealt with putting stuff away later. I also bought my sister a $100 gift card for Cotton Ginny for helping out, and Mr. Rattus supplied his friend with beer for an entire year. They certainly didn't owe either of us a damn thing after the really unfun day they had helping us out of the goodness of their hearts.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Even at my poorest, when someone helped me move, they received dinner, beverage, and gas money. I can't imagine even asking my family to help me move.

In the event anyone is anxiously awaiting an update on my headache situation, I just went to the washroom before leaving the office only to discover I am now dealing with one more standard cluster headache symptom - a rash all over my face. So not only do I feel dreadful, I look dreadful. Oh woe is me, snivel, whine.

Sorry, I am just not happy right now.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

rattus, I'm so sorry! Ugh, what a day. Is there any chance this is an allergic reaction? I'd go to the doctor to see if they can recommend a cure!!! I hope you feel better!

I would say go to the doctor, the rash could be an indication of something even more serious.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Doctor - call the Doctor

Rattus, I'm in agreement that you should see a medical doctor before the chiropactor. I have not once but twice had pain that everyone times that everyone encouraged me to see a chiropractor for, and medical doctors found conditions that could have been made far worse by manipulation--in one case the initial x rays did show some back degeneration and so forth, which a chiropractor would have probably treated, but the MRI (with contrast dye) showed a huge MRSA pocket that easily could have killed me if I had had the area pushed on too much and it burst. The other time it was same thing but we caught it a little bit earlier. So, be very careful about allowing adjustments!
    If the headache is sinus related I know no one here except phroshay me are believers, but the neti pot is a wonderful thing for sinus problems.
    Get well soon
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread