+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3139278;
    I bet you wondered how in the world a thread about coffee had a gazillion posts in it, huh?
    Yeah, I thought "Gee, these people sure like their coffee!"
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Thanks again PGM13. I sent the "short version" to my mom. I'm guessing the whole poem isn't published yet. I think I mentioned he has a new book of poems coming out in Sept. It would make sense that he's been reading from that to stir interest.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3139256;
    Wow, this is just a gab thread? Since I first saw it, I thought it was talk about coffee, so I never came here before!
    Please jump in the fray.. coffee klatch or coffee klatsch also kaf·fee·klatsch (kf-klch, -kläch, kôf-)
    n.
    A casual social gathering for coffee and conversation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Partial translation of German Kaffeeklatsch : Kaffee, coffee + Klatsch, gossip; see klatch

Just be forewarned that things can get pretty hysterical and keyboards have been ruined by the spitting out of said coffee.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3139296;
    Yeah, I thought "Gee, these people sure like their coffee!"
    Not me, I never touch the stuff. I just come in for the donuts
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3139023;
    I just can't hide anywhere. I'm usually around, thanks for thinking of me you guys.
    There she is!

mrd, glad to hear your day turned out nice after all.

About the pool passes for locals...my friend's mom sometimes got a hotel room for a day and took all us kids swimming! It was less crowded than the public pool and it didn't cost her that much for one small room (she didn't get a room at the Four Seasons ). It was just about 6 of us--her three kids and each got to bring a friend (I was one of them!). She packed us sandwiches and HoHos (anyone remember those? ) and we had a great day there. And when we needed to use the bathroom, we had the room's clean one to use. It was great!

I can remember it all so clearly... just like I can remember my dad taking almost that same group of kids ice skating every winter, and buying us all hot chocolate with marshmallows in them to snack on. My friend's mom is now buried in the same cemetery as my dad. I go visit with her whenever I go to visit my dad. It's amazing how quickly time flies.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    OOOOH! Marleybone, your avatar! It is reaching out to me...It's calling me... I must give in...
    *sigh*I'm queenb, and I'm a crocoholic.
    Me too. I've always been a croc whore. My addiction was validated last fall when my orthopedic surgeon recommended that I wear them to work. My favorites are my black Mary Janes, I found a huge flower button charm thingy, so now they look even more adorable. Yesterday I saw some new cute flip flops, "Capri" I think they were called. They didn't have my size, so I'm on a mission now.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    You have been missed. No recipes posted on the thread by you lately, so we wondered where the heck you had gotten yourself too.
    I actually tried a fabulous new recipe last weekend that I was thinking of posting, so I'll have to get on that.

Lois Lane: to you too.

I'm hoping that some helpful FORT resident will be able to offer some assistance. I am now going into week two of a unilateral cluster headache (generally conceded to be the most painful headache - even worse than a migraine) and absolutely nothing is helping but I still have to work. I'm going to a chiropractor tomorrow to see if that does anything, but in the meantime, has anyone else had experience with these things and if so, how did you make it go away? HELP!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I've had tremendous luck using feverfew as a preventive measure. I don't know how well it would work during a full-blown headache, though. I know that doesn't help for right now, but that might be a good thing once this episode is over to keep another one from hitting you.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm sorry, Rattus. I don't know of anything that can help you. But I do hope that you're feeling better soon.

+ Reply to Thread