+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5956Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3138138;
    My husband and his IT buddies at work have competitions to see who can find something online first. He looked for it for a long time last night and couldn't find anything other than the PHC link that we posted. It's driving HIM crazy now. He's working tomorrow and actually looking forward to seeing if anyone else can find it. I'll be sure to let you know if they do!
    Is this the poem? or part of it?

‘Oh my God’
    by Billy Collins

Not only in church
    and nightly by their bedsides
    do young girls pray these days.

Wherever they go,
    prayer is woven into their talk
    like a bright thread of awe.

Even in the pedestrian mall
    outbursts of praise spring unbidden
    from their glossy lips.

I do believe that is part of it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3139023;
    I just can't hide anywhere. I'm usually around, thanks for thinking of me you guys.
    You have been missed. No recipes posted on the thread by you lately, so we wondered where the heck you had gotten yourself too.

Well the good news is that the original friend stood up to the other friend (she didn't want to swim because she doesn't look good in a bathing suit. Oh well, I just don't care and if it bothers other people, then they don't have to look) and we went to the new apartment pool instead of the hotel and we met some WONDERFUL people that live there and had a fabulous time. So my friend is very excited now as her neighbors are very interesting and fun. And the friend with the cramped apartment stayed home. Oh well. I'm tired of missing out on the fun because I'm worried about what others will think. Who cares what they think. And if I want to swim, I will swim, flabby fat arms and all.

And honestly it was better because the other friend is a bit of an Eeyore. Nothing every goes her way, her life is so hard and I guess me and the other friend were just not up to having to beg her (you have to beg her to do anything and frankly, I'm tired of it. I'll invite you, but I'm not going to beg) to come with us. She can be a lot of fun, but mostly she is so busy being "woe is me" that she has ceased to be a lot of fun most of the time. I'm all for helping friends out and listening to their problems, but hers never cease and I'm getting tired of it. And I guess so is my other friend as she basically told her: "we've all had a hard life, get over it and move on for god's sake. Quit worrying about what happened when you were 10 and concentrate on your life NOW" (at age 50).

Anyway, it turned into a very nice afternoon and evening and the new friends we made were wonderful. Especially the woman who is from France and was a delight to talk to.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-21-2008 at 08:51 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Wow, this is just a gab thread? Since I first saw it, I thought it was talk about coffee, so I never came here before!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

MRD

Yep, it's just a general gab thread and we cover a multitude of topics, so jump right in.

Glad the day turned into a fun one, MRD. Sometimes the nicest times are when you just hang out with a good friend.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3139256;
    Wow, this is just a gab thread? Since I first saw it, I thought it was talk about coffee, so I never came here before!
    I bet you wondered how in the world a thread about coffee had a gazillion posts in it, huh?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3139278;
    I bet you wondered how in the world a thread about coffee had a gazillion posts in it, huh?
    Well coffee has become pretty big these days.

PGM35 - That's it! Where did you find it? I don't think that's all of it, though.
    MRD - Some motels/hotels with pools allow locals to pay a certain amount per month to use their pool. You might call and ask if they do and then go hang out there sans friend. How funny would it be if she saw you hanging out there without her? (I know you said she'd just be there for a couple of days).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3139286;
    PGM35 - That's it! Where did you find it? I don't think that's all of it, though.
    MRD - Some motels/hotels with pools allow locals to pay a certain amount per month to use their pool. You might call and ask if they do and then go hang out there sans friend. How funny would it be if she saw you hanging out there without her? (I know you said she'd just be there for a couple of days).
    When I searched google, part of it came up on a website - a personal blog - Meditations so I copied it. I guess it's not the whole thing. Sorry about that!

+ Reply to Thread