+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6989Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3137502;
    Thank you for bringing that up, MRD. Wasn't Nemeses' friend posting periodically to keep everyone updated on her status. Does anyone know how she has been recuperating?
    I wondered the same thing on the Nemeses thread a while back. I hope her friend or better yet Nemeses herself can tell us that she's recuperating just fine.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3137501;
    I was just thinking that I wish we knew what was going on with Nemeses and that lead me to think that I haven't seen Marleybone posting in a while either.

Anyone know anything?

I sure hope Nemeses is ok.

Marleybone, you out there?
    Marleybone last visited the site today. Last posted 7/14/08 in the Next food network star thread.

Nemeses last post 3/31/08 - I can't remember the friends name so I could look the friend up.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3137726;
    Marleybone last visited the site today. Last posted 7/14/08 in the Next food network star thread.

Nemeses last post 3/31/08 - I can't remember the friends name so I could look the friend up.
    Here's the thread:

Nemeses
    CYA

Thanks to everyone trying to help me with the poem. Still can't understand why I can't find it easily.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3137666;
    How about this? Billy Collins was a guest on NPR's A Prairie Home Companion, where he did a reading of "Oh, My God!"

It's not the text, but better than nothing?

Here's the link to the APHC site:A Prairie Home Companion for May 26, 2007 from American Public Media

Download the "first segment." Just fyi, the reading of "Oh, My God!" begins at 29:30.
    Garrison Keiller is coming to Greenville in August or Sept. I would love to see him. I LOVE Prairie Home Companion

Thanks Gabriel. We used to see Marleybone in the recipe thread a lot and she hasn't been there in a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3137731;
    Thanks to everyone trying to help me with the poem. Still can't understand why I can't find it easily.
    My husband and his IT buddies at work have competitions to see who can find something online first. He looked for it for a long time last night and couldn't find anything other than the PHC link that we posted. It's driving HIM crazy now. He's working tomorrow and actually looking forward to seeing if anyone else can find it. I'll be sure to let you know if they do!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thank you doxie! I went on Amazon and he has a book coming out in September, so maybe it hasn't been published yet, but he's read it at least twice (PHC and Chautauqua) in very public forums.
    Count your blessings!

I'm trying to play catch-up with everyone's posts...I've been a mover (boxes, tables, lamps, etc), washer and dryer installer, cupboard painter, food caterer, and sounding board for my entire family this past while.

I am sooooo exhausted, sore, bruised, and banged up. Everything hurts.

So, onto another topic: My twin sinister just bought a 40 year old bungalow which is in very good shape. She used to own a house so she has most of what she needs in the way of furniture, paintings, yard tools, etc. To say she's picky, opinionated, ungrateful, controlling, and sometimes downright rude, is to be truthful. However, as the wonderful family we are, we are trying to think of something we can get her for a housewarming present. She's not into meaningless stuff, and knows what she likes and doesn't like.

Would it be rude for us to give her some cash, so she could get whatever she decides she would like to have for her new place? I know she doesn't have a slow cooker, a George Forman Grill, and needs a new set of cookware because her stove is a glasstop now, not the kind with burners and her pots are very old. However, she has to pick out exactly what she wants as we would "never" do it right.

I already gave her a big pot with fresh basil, chives, rosemary and dill for her deck because she likes to cook with fresh herbs when I dropped off some furniture. And I have a couple of small gifty's I can give her on her birthday that she may appreciate.. or not.

Would a gift card to The Bay from the family be considered tacky?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I dont think it would be tacky, a gift card is just the right size, shape and colour. I like Home Sense myself
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Personally you helped her move, so that was the gift.

+ Reply to Thread