+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3135345;
    Ahem...I once wore a shirt with shoulder pads...and over that I wore a blazer with shoulder pads...and then I had a coat on over that...and yes, that had shoulder pads!

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!!!
    Guilty your honor! I also did the leggings with the shirt/shoulder pads, blazer/shoulder pads!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I was into the whole Madonna and Boy George look. I shudder to think how I looked back then.
    I was definetly a Madonna wannabee in the early 80's. GAAAAA!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I remember the poofy bangs (tons of hairspray ) and the banana clip I was stylin...

I have to say that except for the enormous weight gain, I don't look markedly different than I did in the eighties or the seventies. I honestly can't think of a single thing I wore back then that I wouldn't wear today. Oh wait, I had a pair of white platforms that I wore twice, fell off them the second time (not good skateboarding shoes) and never wore again. I wouldn't wear them today.

Wow. Am I boring
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3135595;
    I remember the poofy bangs (tons of hairspray ) and the banana clip I was stylin...
    I still have a banana clip and I swear I have forgotten how to use them as I can't get the damn thing in my hair. I tried not long ago.

Oh yeah, I was stylin with all that big hair. I would perm it as curly as possible. Then I would dry it upside down and use half a can of hairspray on it while upside down and it was BIG. I am probably partially responsible for that hole in the ozone because of all the aqua net I used in the 80's.

My wedding photo is so 80's. BIG hair and shoulder pads. And at my engagement party, I actually wore a dress with the hugest bow imaginable on my right shoulder. I couldn't turn my head to the right without that bow getting in the way.

I've been banned from using shoulder pads. I never think to check them and end up with both parts clumped in the back looking like a hunchback.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3135629;
    I've been banned from using shoulder pads. I never think to check them and end up with both parts clumped in the back looking like a hunchback.
    I used to have velcro ones that velcroed to your brastrap. They stayed in place. But it was fairly awkward with boyfriends because they always laughed at the bra with shoulder pads.

I fear the day I find all the pictures in mom's storage unit of me from the 80's. I will have to burn them on the spot!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm having trouble with the heat. I have so many things to do and am lethargic about starting any of them. I may have to resort to caffeine.
    Count your blessings!

No Gut, caffeine in the heat will just give you a headache. You should put your feet up with a nice ice water and relax.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread