+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a question: What do the different colors of the mods screen names indicate?
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/faq.php?faq=board_rules#faq_mo d_writer

It is about half way down under "How do I become a Mod / Writer / Forum Assistant?"
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    myrosiedog, I've had a difficult time getting on FORT long enough to post. Between doing a clean sweep of my computer (to rid it of viruses, ads etc.) AND the FORT's server, it's not easy to read the posts, much less write any of my scintillating and exciting prose!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    So I was at Anthropologie the other day shopping for a couple new dresses and one of the salegirls had on really low rise pants that made her belly plop over the waistline (muffin top) and a really tight shirt on. Now, she wasn't a big girl by any means--but the outfit was not flattering. Upon closer inspection, I saw that she wasn't a girl, but a woman--probably in her late 30's (or looked it). In other words, MY age! I was thinking that if she dressed a little bit more appropriately for her age, she wouldn't have looked so old.

Now I know what you're thinking--what was I doing shopping there? They have clothes for us older folks, too. Although I saw one of the kids from "Laguna Beach" wearing one of the dresses I bought earlier this summer AND I SWEAR--it actually looks better on me than on the tiny little blonde thing!

Hey gang, what is sweet Italian sausage? I'm not familiar with that, or where to buy it. I wanted to make some of the soup that I had at Olive Garden the other day and it calls for sweet Italian sausage.

Muduh, sweet Italian sausage is mild as opposed to spicy. I'm sure you can get it at your local grocery store.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Exactly what I found. Never heard of it referred to in that term.

Italian sausage
    This favorite pizza topping is a coarse pork sausage, generally sold in plump links. Italian sausage is usually flavored with garlic and fennel seed or anise seed. It comes in two styles hot (flavored with hot, red peppers) and sweet (without the added heat). It must be well cooked before serving, and is suitable for frying, grilling or braising.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was just puzzled because the recipe called for three links of sausage. Well the links I buy are about a pound. Hillshire Farms, I think is the brand. If I used three pounds of sausage in a pot of soup, I'd have to drag out the blanching kettle and makes gallons of it. Also, it only calls for 2 potatoes so I wondered if the links are about the size of hotdogs. I'm SO confused. Guess I'll just play it by ear.

Muduh, by Hillshire Farms do you mean regular smoked sausage? I've never seen Italian sausage in that brand. Make sure the label specifically says "Italian sausage."

Yes, it's smoked. As I said, I don't think I've ever seen sweet sausage. I may have to go to a specialty store. I usually shop at Kroger.

Kroger should have it. Just ask someone in the meat section for Italian sausage. It's seasoned most of the time with garlic and fennel and different from smoked sausage.

+ Reply to Thread