+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7228Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. C was quite the wild one in his younger days, and I have pictures of him and his friends all dressed up and doing the Time Warp - they were WAY into it. The pictures are hilarious - I'm sure it was cutting-edge for his time, but his hair is really long on one side and cut really short on the other side . . . my, he thought he looked cool with that haircut! But to this day, if anyone even HUMS the Time Warp, he'll drop everything and start dancing . . . no matter where we are! I guess I was kind of young when it first became a big thing in the late 70's because I remember my older sister was really into it - she even had the picture LP, which she played non-stop, but my parents wouldn't allow me to go with her to see it. By the time I went to my first midnight show, I was married and in my 20's. But, it was fun to see all of the audience participation. I still have to laugh at Mr. C, though . . . dancing away with his silly hair . . . ah, you've gotta love the 80's!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD

My daughter walked out the other day wearing a blazer with big shoulder pads, short leggings, her hair very 80's (kind of like your husband's chrelsey) with a big bow in it and a pair of wayfairer sunglasses.
    She asked how she looked and I said: You look like I did in the 80's. She didn't want to hear THAT!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh my - shoulder pads AND the big bow in the hair? Now that brings back memories! What's sad is that I was recently cleaning out all of the stuff hidden away in baskets in my bathroom cabinets, and I came across no less that three of those big bows I would wear in my hair. Still couldn't bring myself to throw them away . . . I guess I figure if I hang onto them long enough they'll come back into style. Maybe your daughter is on to something and will bring it all back . . . but then I guess my hairspray bill would go WAY up if the big hair of the 80's did come back. Too funny! I look at my pictures now from back then and just have to shake my head . . . whatever was I thinking!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

chrelsey - As far as the 80's and 70's for that matter, the music in those eras was the best! Those were my favorite decades of music.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3135188;
    Oh my - shoulder pads AND the big bow in the hair? Now that brings back memories! What's sad is that I was recently cleaning out all of the stuff hidden away in baskets in my bathroom cabinets, and I came across no less that three of those big bows I would wear in my hair. Still couldn't bring myself to throw them away . . . I guess I figure if I hang onto them long enough they'll come back into style. Maybe your daughter is on to something and will bring it all back . . . but then I guess my hairspray bill would go WAY up if the big hair of the 80's did come back. Too funny! I look at my pictures now from back then and just have to shake my head . . . whatever was I thinking!
    It's already coming back. I've been seeing it on other teens lately. And the big hair is making a comeback and so is the "modified" mullet. Now that's what we need coming back: mullets.

So buy stock in a hairspray company because I forsee hairspray starting to sell more soon.

I saved some of that stuff too and recently gave it to my daughter. The black lace fingerless gloves, were something I thought she'd die laughing thinking about me wearing that stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Black lace fingerless gloves! I was never cool enough to have those, but I always wanted them! Mr. C is such an 80's fanatic. I was 17 when I graduated in 81, but he didn't graduate until '87 (yes, I married younger . . . and yes, it's fun!). So although I feel like I was an adult for most of the 80's, he was a full-blown fanatical teenager for the majority of it, and like I said earlier, he tended to be a wild one - so the 80's were FUN for him! I just got my first iPod (yes, I'm a little behind), but one of the first things he wanted me to do was to put all of his 80's CD's on it - ah, the memories the music brings back!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm laughing out loud!!! Now how do we get Mr. Rosie and Mr. Chrelsey in the same room at the same time so that I can watch both of them get up and dance when I put "Time Warp" on the stereo! (Yes, I said stereo!)

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3135199;
    ah, the memories the music brings back!
    It's amazing what music can do. Even if you don't connect a certain song to a specific time, just hearing it can sometimes bring you back. Forever Young, I'm back at a junor high school dance, Summer of '69, I'm on the dance floor with mr Fatale the first time, Narcotic by Liquido, I'm on a class trip to Italy. And these are the ones I can think of in a short notice, there are also the ones that I don't think of that you takes me back to wherever upon hearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3135139;
    I know 'someone ' who used to go to Rocky Horror quite a bit and not only did the time warp but dressed as a Transylvanian to do it. And carried a big bag so as to have a newspaper, toast, toilet paper, and so forth, as needed during the movie.
    My college friends and I used to do that. And because I lived walking distance from the Oriental Theater (the cinema in Milwaukee that hosted Rocky Horror, my apartment was "Time Warp Central" for the pre-show parties.

One of our funniest RH events was my mom's 40th birthday: yes, we had her birthday party at my apartment and took her to Rocky Horror at midnight. Even provided her with a "virgin pack" -- a small bag with the essentials like newpaper, toilet paper (Great Scott!), rice, a hot dog, and a lighter. During that era, the Oriental had bouncers to confiscate the RH props. Mom didn't get her stuff taken away (I think she put her stuff in her "mom bag" purse), but one of my friends who went in before her did. However, when the bouncer frisked my mom, she frisked him back. And while he was distracted and being all flustered by that, we were able to take our confiscated goods back out of the contraband box!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3135191;
    chrelsey - As far as the 80's and 70's for that matter, the music in those eras was the best!
    Hrmph. Music hasn't been the same since Puccini died in 1924
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread