+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6540Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3133568;
    I think I probably posted this when I first went deaf in my left ear, but after the initial unhappiness about the whole thing, a positive became apparent. When I'm a passenger while Mr. Rattus is driving, he can talk all he wants about computers and wiring and I can't hear him. Excellent. And yes, I love him, I love him, I love him.

ETA: Actually, there is bright side to his endless computer talk. I now have no compunction about boring him silly with tales of The Amazing Race. I want to talk about it, so he now has to listen .
    For me it is Big Brother. He hates it! But when I want to talk about what is going on in the house, he must listen at least for 30 minutes. He won't remember a darn thing about it but at least he pretends to listen!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3133572;
    For me it is Big Brother. He hates it! But when I want to talk about what is going on in the house, he must listen at least for 30 minutes. He won't remember a darn thing about it but at least he pretends to listen!
    Well, yeah, BB for me too . And a little Survivor (I actually made him watch a YouTube clip when those four alpha males got sidelined a couple of seasons back - oh, their faces ). And I should have said "pretend" - I know he's not listening.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3133424;
    Ellen, do you do the Time Warp?
    I haven't for quite awhile, but y'know, I'll bet I still could!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3133595;
    I haven't for quite awhile, but y'know, I'll bet I still could!
    Put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight...........

Rattus, I have the opposite problem being deaf in my left ear. Any time I'm a passenger, the driver always complains because I can't hear them. But most of the time I am content with that, but amazingly enough, I can always hear them complain about me not hearing them. THEN they speak up!

My husband hates it when I've discovered a new topic in history that has caught my interest. He's so over hearing me go on about President Truman, but I'm also over hearing him talk about work. Just think 20 years ago, I had no idea what a gabled roof was or a hip joint (other than the 2 I happen to have. ) and now I even know the difference between the kinds of nails you use for different projects. And that knowledge is SO very important to me let me tell you!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3133246;
    sigh. One really is the lonliest number.
    Au Contraire my dear. One can be the fullest number

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amy Lee, I really wish you'd learn to enjoy YOURSELF. We have, and it's very rewading. The day you learn that there is no one more rewarding to you than you are.....you will be one happy camper!

And, mrd, I hear the control freak coming out in you! I've been there, too...that's how I know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3134016;
    Au Contraire my dear. One can be the fullest number
    "Two can be as bad as one, Itís the loneliest number since the number one"
    Couldn't help it, i know the song.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3134503;
    "Two can be as bad as one, Itís the loneliest number since the number one"
    Couldn't help it, i know the song.
    NYUK NYUK NYUK

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3133758;
    Put your hands on your hips and bring your knees in tight...........
    I know 'someone ' who used to go to Rocky Horror quite a bit and not only did the time warp but dressed as a Transylvanian to do it. And carried a big bag so as to have a newspaper, toast, toilet paper, and so forth, as needed during the movie.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3135139;
    I know 'someone ' who used to go to Rocky Horror quite a bit and not only did the time warp but dressed as a Transylvanian to do it. And carried a big bag so as to have a newspaper, toast, toilet paper, and so forth, as needed during the movie.
    I never got into the midnight Rocky Horror shows when I was younger, but apparantly my husband did. He used to go see that and Heavy Metal at the midnight movies almost every weekend apparantly. (I was busy doing other things at midnight on Sat. than going to the movies. )

About 5 years ago, we went to a special Halloween showing at the local college (I had never been with him to see it. I had seen it years ago, but it wasn't my thing at the time) and he packed a big bag full of stuff to take. Well this man who doesn't dance. Doesn't really attract too much attention to himself, who usually comes across in public as fairly staid. Got up and did stuff I had never in my life imagined he'd do. I was so jaw gapping stunned, that I couldn't believe he was stone cold sober and actually doing the time warp and other stuff UP ON THE STAGE IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN!!!!!
    He literally got out of his seat and RAN up there with people half his age.
    This is so unlike him that I couldn't believe it. I laughed my butt off that night.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread