+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6406Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3133228;
    I really know my tv/movie actors/actresses buddy!
    Does he not realize that you not only know this stuff but you play games about it too?
    CYA

I'm not too proud to admit that I know most of the lyrics and lines from Footloose. Gotta cut loose and gotta love that Bacon! (Kevin Bacon that is)
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Footloose is one of those movies I've never seen. I remember Kevin Bacon used to be on the Guiding Light before he made it big in movies.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3133104;
    With me, it's The Producers (the original with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder), Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Rocky Horror, and I'm pretty sure I still know most of the lines from Night of the Living Dead (again, the original black-and-white George Romero one).
    Ellen, do you do the Time Warp?

I just watched Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein a couple weeks ago. One of the movie channels did a double feature. And we also watched History of the World not long ago too. Mel Brooks makes me laugh everytime I see one of his movies.

There are a couple war movies that I'm like that with too. But I wasn't going to fess up to it. I've seen Tora! Tora! Tora! so many times that I've not only learned the English dialog, but I'm doing pretty good on the Japanese dialog as well.

Well I have to say that we use a lot of movie lines in this house too and it drives the teenager NUTS!!!!!!!

I have a good friend that we tease about knowing her actors, singers, etc. But her ability is that she knows if they are dead or alive, gay or straight. You give her a name and she will come back with "dead, straight" or "alive, gay". She is always right on with it too. She is great fun at parties.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-16-2008 at 08:07 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Short synopis, revisited . . .

Most operas can be summed up as Tenor falls in love with Soprano. Baritone tries to split them up. If it is a dramatic opera, the Soprano dies; the Soprano lives if it is a comic opera.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3133480;
    Short synopis, revisited . . .

Most operas can be summed up as Tenor falls in love with Soprano. Baritone tries to split them up. If it is a dramatic opera, the Soprano dies; the Soprano lives if it is a comic opera.
    But who does she end up with? The Tenor or the Baritone?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3133498;
    But who does she end up with? The Tenor or the Baritone?
    So does that make the Alto the funny fat best friend sidekick?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3133246;
    sigh. One really is the lonliest number.
    Amy Lee, sometimes one is the happiest number. When you are married for a long time you tend to truly enjoy the alone time whenever you can get it. I know it is hard right now but someday you will look back and have fond memories of not having someone there all the time.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3132635;
    Ok, mr buglover has been telling a story for an hour and I am going to kick myself. He can't remember something we talk about 2 days before but he remembers every word from an hour long show he saw this morning and is relating it back to me right now. I love him, I love him, I love him!
    I think I probably posted this when I first went deaf in my left ear, but after the initial unhappiness about the whole thing, a positive became apparent. When I'm a passenger while Mr. Rattus is driving, he can talk all he wants about computers and wiring and I can't hear him. Excellent. And yes, I love him, I love him, I love him.

ETA: Actually, there is bright side to his endless computer talk. I now have no compunction about boring him silly with tales of The Amazing Race. I want to talk about it, so he now has to listen .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3133326;
    Does he not realize that you not only know this stuff but you play games about it too?
    lol He does know this! Gotta love em!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread