+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6420Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3132969;
    I'll bring MY remote control. We have "His and Her" remotes. Mine came with the Directv/Tivo and his is a univeral thing that requires ten minutes of pushing buttons to turn on the tv. Mine is much faster and easier and I will share!

Although, I may have to spend some time in the kitchen with MRD if it looks like Auburn's football team is going to be chompin' on some Gators again this year!
    Um, I don't think so this year. I am CONVINCED this is the year of the Gator.
    We have almost the entire team returning and we've still got Tebow!
    My psychic ability sees them winning the conference (possibly against Auburn) and then beating the stuffing out of Ohio State at the national championship. AGAIN.

My mom and dad had dueling remotes and they used to get in the biggest fights. My mom would turn the tv volume down and dad would turn it up.
    I would sit behind them and laugh myself silly as they fought over the volume and channel. (they had 3 tv's by this point, so I never understood why one of them didn't go in another room to watch)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

gabriel, I'll make you my chicken wings (delicious!) if you'll make me a margarita. I'm not a big drinker but I think I can be talked into one of those.

mrd, if you've got newf in a headlock and he's got the green Speedos on...well, I may just have to join you all for that show.

buglover, your post had me cracking up!!! Mr. Lane is the same way...he won't remember something I just told him, but if you ask him to tell a story/joke/anything, he will take forever to make sure he's including everything (including his exaggerations!). Sometimes I have to pinch myself so I won't scream, "Today!" at him!!

I am so happy to hear that I'm not the meanest wife on the planet for feeling this way today!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3132948;
    So I understand from the comments I get here at home, that watching me watch football is better than watching football.
    Well, for us 'haters', anything is better than watching football.
    Carry on all you like, I'll be happy back there with Gabriel watching "Flava of Love", "Survivor Reunion', "Groomer Has It' or even that new "Wipeout" show. I don't do football, and NO college sports of any kind.
    Even if there's no reality competition going on, there's always Animal planet
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

As opposed to my husband who can sum up a 2 hour movie with: they killed someone, there was a big car chase the bad guy got thrown off a bridge"

Thanks for that great review there Leonard Maltin!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3133001;
    As opposed to my husband who can sum up a 2 hour movie with: they killed someone, there was a big car chase the bad guy got thrown off a bridge"

Why do I find this so funny tonight?!!! Ha ha! If we could just get our husbands' two brains to mesh...

That's me! Few word sentences when explaining something, but if I want to talk about something I want to talk about, suddenly I am a friggin author!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3133006;
    That's me! Few word sentences when explaining something, but if I want to talk about something I want to talk about, suddenly I am a friggin author!
    Yeah, well, that's because WE actually have some important stuff to say.

What I hate is that I will hear some great gossip, um, I mean news and will tell my husband and he says: "yeah, I heard that about a month ago!"

And you didn't tell ME???

He never tells me anything. I have to find it out elsewhere and it's so infuriating. He now calls me the fanatical obit reader so I can scoop everyone on who died. Because I never found out about it until the funeral was over and it was too late to send anything. He finds out and tells me a month later when the family is probably wondering why I didn't at least call or send a card. So now I have to check the obits almost first thing (I do check out FORT first, I'm not quite THAT creepy. Yet. ) because I can't rely on him to even give me messages on that information.

Mr. Doxie loves Star Trek. I sum ALL episodes up as "They went to another planet and encountered a near-collision/asteroid/battle before they got there. Then, they encountered some weird aliens (usually resembling animals) and have a battle or get kidnapped and then rescued. Then, they safely fly off." Mr. Doxie pretended that he was really mad the FIRST time I said this, but I have heard him repeat it to his Trekkie friends and I'm pretty sure that he thinks it is funny. However, he may not have forgiven me for ordering a "Jim Beam Me Up Scotty" at that Star Trek Experience place in Vegas......
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3133028;
    Mr. Doxie loves Star Trek. I sum ALL episodes up as "They went to another planet and encountered a near-collision/asteroid/battle before they got there. Then, they encountered some weird aliens (usually resembling animals) and have a battle or get kidnapped and then rescued. Then, they safely fly off." Mr. Doxie pretended that he was really mad the FIRST time I said this, but I have heard him repeat it to his Trekkie friends and I'm pretty sure that he thinks it is funny. However, he may not have forgiven me for ordering a "Jim Beam Me Up Scotty" at that Star Trek Experience place in Vegas......
    My new favorite author: Celia Rivenbark says that all Southerners say "Star TRACK". (I might have posted this before, it sounds vaguely familiar even to me, the lady with no memory. )

Actually Doxie, I can sum up all Clint Eastwood movies similarly. Mr. Rosie LOVES Clint (except Play Misty for Me and his other "touchy feely stuff")
    But all his movies are the same. He shoots everyone. Or in the case of the Any which way movies, he beats everyone up. Either way, Clint gets mad, people die and he says something really tough and guy like. YOu know, like "go ahead punk, make my day" and other such macho guy stuff.
    But he (Mr. Rosie, not Clint) truly gets mad if I make fun of them. He would never think it was funny. When I informed him that Eastwood was an accomplished pianist, I thought Mr. Rosie might actually have to "take to his bed". Because jazz piano is not something Dirty Harry or the man with no name or whatever he's called in those movies, would do.

+ Reply to Thread