+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6420Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh, that is SO me today!!
    Thanks for the laugh Miss Kitty.

I wasn't feeling exactly up to par earlier and hubby asked me what's wrong and I honestly didn't know. I just didn't feel wonderful. I think now I'll tell him, I just "have the dumb".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3129283;
    How are we going to avoid that at the Gutmutter Home for Retired FORTers? Even I will admit that my two jokes get boring somewhere around the 483rd telling . . .
    Well, since I'm apparently not going to have any chance at getting in the kitchen, I'll just save my energy to plan take us on road trips for a couple of days here and there. If gas gets too expensive even split 10 ways, I actually DO know how to drive a team of horses--although keeping them up would be more expensive than gas even. Then again, minivans don't love you back. How much grass do you have, Gutmutter, or is thre a neighbors field we could sneak them into at night?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well from my quick poll here and in the real world, I haven't heard anything too bad about unions. Our branch is the lowest paid in Kansas with no benefits. I'm on DH's health insurance which is really good. But more money per hour, fairness in job assignments and some paid time off sounds good.

Somebody around here HAS to do tablescapes and cocktails! WTH is wrong with you people? Where is our Sandra Dee when we need her? Also I'm thinking we need some kind of transport for our day trips and to the doctors offices. I'll drive. We could get a small bus and paint it ala Patridge Family.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 07-14-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: queenb posting about transport too. :)
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Oh, I like the painted bus idea!!!

Queenb, we could definetly rotate in the kitchen, then one person doesn't have to cook every single night.
    But the road trip thing sounds fun too.

I call shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Can we caravan?? We were talking about taking a long road trip any way since we'll have plenty of time to go wherever after the end of the month.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3130506;
    . . . Somebody around here HAS to do tablescapes and cocktails! . . .
    I'll do cocktails -- but NO tablescapes, color coordination of outfits to kitchen, Cool Whip, or packaged taco mix! (I'm the anti-Sandra Lee!!!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3130506;
    Well from my quick poll here and in the real world, I haven't heard anything too bad about unions. Our branch is the lowest paid in Kansas with no benefits. I'm on DH's health insurance which is really good. But more money per hour, fairness in job assignments and some paid time off sounds good.

Somebody around here HAS to do tablescapes and cocktails! WTH is wrong with you people? Where is our Sandra Dee when we need her? Also I'm thinking we need some kind of transport for our day trips and to the doctors offices. I'll drive. We could get a small bus and paint it ala Patridge Family.
    I've retired

I can't believe you all have us BORED already... there's the city band concerts, city pool, YMCA, college classes, concerts, and plays in the next town over, walks in the woods, sledding in winter, books, a movie theater, cards (anyone know Euchre?) and everybody's back-history to learn. Somehow I don't think we'll be bored. There's a wood-working shop in the basement and a potter's wheel and kiln. A pretty big back yard for the horses.
    Count your blessings!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Any movies screened outdoors for free?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

I've always wanted to throw pots. So having a potters wheel and kiln would be a lot of fun for me.

+ Reply to Thread