+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    ::sigh:: i have to make a refund for an item i sold. Im pissed because the person is only notifying me a few days short of a month since it was shipped and because they have the audacity to ask to be refunded for shipping.
    That is always paid by the buyer. Im not trying to lose my cool over this, i have enough stress already.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    ::sigh:: i have to make a refund for an item i sold. Im pissed because the person is only notifying me a few days short of a month since it was shipped and because they have the audacity to ask to be refunded for shipping.
    That is always paid by the buyer. Im not trying to lose my cool over this, i have enough stress already.
    Sorry to hear Amy Lee! The customer is SOOO not always right!!! I've always found in this day and age that the whole view of 'customer rights' has been taken to absurdity.

Not that customers don't have rights! It just seems they're so many who take advantage, and ask for more than their entitled, and expect to get it because they're the CUSTOMER. People in the retail industry have been giving inches for years, and now miles upon miles of give is the norm.

Just my nutsy 2 cents. Have a great day Amy Lee!!! Don't let that customer get you down, they're great people out there. Hopefully you'll make a sale to one of them today!!!
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

if i can get a job soon, i wont be selling stuff online anymore.
    Thank you for the well wishes, i really needed them.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna View Post
    Myrosiedog--You truly have my dream home!! *drool, drool*

My grandparents and greatgrandparents lost everything in the Great Depression....their ranches, dairies, houses, etc and my grandparents never recovered from it......Grandpa died when I was still in high school. I remember after the funeral we all went to his house and Dad was the executor...and stood around....no one wanted anything except a couple of Roseville vases, a rifle, and the Lee doll. I'm telling you their house was barebones even thirty some years after the depression.

Miss Vonna is there thinking hummm???? No one wants any of these treasures .......So I asked for a simple library table...they all looked at me like "who would want that ole thing" I was happy.....

Then Miss Vonna went into the kitchen....yes a teen started snooping through the kitchen cupboards and found four pretty pink glass plates.....The family looked at me like I was crazy again and smirked "sure you can have those." By the way, they're depression glass pink Mayfair pattern (thought they were cute had no idea) which I have been collecting the last few years to go with the plates from originally my greatgrandmothers.....and Dad told me Greatgrandmother served birthday cake on them for everyone's birthdays....

I also took some framed old photos of my great great great grandmother.....nobody wanted (in the trash) I'm sure my uncles would love to have that stuff now.....too late

I just love memories......have dad's pocket knives...a few of his cuff links and tie clasps...his measuring tape he carried in his pocket..... Thanks everyone! I love hearing how y'all enjoy those simple "treasures"....My family thinks I'm nuts for saving those things

You know rosie, most everything I have has been handed down to me.....cause I prefer older stuff....(the older the better) or, I have purchased at an estate sale or auction..even yard sale....would perfer handmedowns

The only new furniture I have is my computer table and chair.....but will replace the computer table when I find a nice older one that fits into my puter nook.

Thanks for the websites for the archival boxes! I'm thinking, also, about getting a box for each of Mom's grandkids and making a memory box for each....need to do that...

doxieI have never ever seen a digital frame...wow..cool!

Lois LaneGood to know about boxes being lignin-free
    I also collect old silver, crocks and teacups, which is why we had so much junk to move. But I'm like you, I like it old and I'm not above scouring the flea markets, etc.

My aunt needlepointed all the dining room chairs in the set I got from her. No one wanted it but me or her china (because it wasn't expensive. The hobnail glass they all fought over because it was). My aunt and grandmother worked in the town drugstore that had been there since the dawn of time. My coffee table is a big wooden crate with handles and stamped on the sides is: 100 bottles and some other stuff. It is stuff they shipped drugs in way back when and I found it in my aunts garage.
    I like the country look and I like old things, especially if they came from my family.

But you have to admit the hair thing is weird.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    Amy Lee, I don't know what you sold but I wouldn't give a refund until the item is returned if that's feasible. I could see paying for the return shipping, but the original shipping that the buyer paid is part of the deal they agreed to when they made the purchase and as far as I'm concerned it's non-refundable.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Amy Lee, I don't know what you sold but I wouldn't give a refund until the item is returned if that's feasible. I could see paying for the return shipping, but the original shipping that the buyer paid is part of the deal they agreed to when they made the purchase and as far as I'm concerned it's non-refundable.
    I agree with Marleybone, Amy Lee. I don't know what the terms of your sale were or why this idiot is returning it (I have no idea if he/she is actually an idiot, but I like you and he/she is bothering you so therefore idiot it is!), but if they're just returning it 'cause they don't like it, tough. Return the base price but they can eat the shipping costs. Now if you sold them something that's different than they had ordered, I guess I might refund one of the shipping costs, but not both.

Not that you asked...but...ahem...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Here's a question: What do the different colors of the mods screen names indicate?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Oh, of course i wont be refunding any type of money until i receive the item(brand new Modem). The person however, is asking that i refund the final buying amount with the shipping included and that's is just NOT going to happen. And on top of that pay for return shipment which again is not going to happen. Im responsible only for the amount paid for the item, not for the amount of shipment. I'd be a fool if as a seller and frequent buyer did what he wanted. I've returned/exchanged at least 1 or 2 items and i always pay for return shipping. I might not be that big of a deal, but im not going to do it. This person had since the beginning of Aug. to contact me but didn't. He said that the item wasnt received until last week but usps is saying it arrived 3 days after i sent it(priority mail) which tells me he's either making it up or lying. if you're wondering why you haven't received an item, you ask, right? he's lucky im even answering any message since i have a no return policy on brand new items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I agree with Marleybone, Amy Lee. I don't know what the terms of your sale were or why this idiot is returning it (I have no idea if he/she is actually an idiot, but I like you and he/she is bothering you so therefore idiot it is!),
    Damn right.
    but if they're just returning it 'cause they don't like it, tough. Return the base price but they can eat the shipping costs. Now if you sold them something that's different than they had ordered, I guess I might refund one of the shipping costs, but not both.

Not that you asked...but...ahem...
    The item is brand new, never used and in box with everything that came with it. The person is saying the modem didnt work with whatever provider they had which led him to deduce that the item arrived DOA.

Lois, i dont care if you don't ask, i appreciate your imput.
    Even trivial things like this, tend to linger in my mind. All i want is to find a job and move along.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

MRD
    What's happened to everybody? This general discussion thread used to be pretty active and lively and lately its been like a ghost town with very few posts and even less regulars and new people posting.

Have you all gone somewhere and not told me? Or is reality tv keeping you all more busy than usual?

Anyway, miss chatting with my fort friends. Come back guys!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    What's happened to everybody? This general discussion thread used to be pretty active and lively and lately its been like a ghost town with very few posts and even less regulars and new people posting.

Have you all gone somewhere and not told me? Or is reality tv keeping you all more busy than usual?

Anyway, miss chatting with my fort friends. Come back guys!
    I think much of the lack of posting is due to problems with the server. I'm still having trouble getting on, posting, and moving from forum to forum, even at all hours of the day. I'm actually surprised I'm able to post this!

+ Reply to Thread