+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6764Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm great at baking, prepping "mise en place" for the cooks, and various types of salads and other healthy cuisine. I like doing laundry, but not ironing. Not so keen on other housework. I'm a good cusser, too, so I'll be glad to work the kitchen with MRD! Also very good at pairing wine and beer with compatible foods. (Is the bartender job taken yet? I'll volunteer for that!)

The only thing is, I have very severe pet dander allergies (dogs, cats, anything -- even the so-called "hypoallergenic" pets have me speedballing albuterol and benadryl, and have me miserable for days) -- so I'll have to stay in the tool shed or pool cabana or something . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Maybe we could have a house next door for those who can't live with animals? And we could have dinner there every night so we won't have a pack of dogs staring at us while we eat!

Sounds lovely Gut. And could have the makings of a good reality show. But no voting off.

Guess who showed up on my doorstep this afternoon? Teamsters union organizers. They are really moving in on my company nationwide and I guess they've set their sights on our little branch. Kindof scary for someone who knows absolutely nothing about unions other than from what I've seen in movies. (Norma Ray and On the Waterfront) gotta love that Marlon Brando. Anyway, DH being from Chicago is all for unionizing.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3127721;
    Gutmutter: I hope you don't lose your job, but if you choose to become a vet asst. I know you would just rock that career! Keeping my fingers crossed for a happy outcome ...
    What? Did I miss something?
    Count your blessings!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3127938;
    Guess who showed up on my doorstep this afternoon? Teamsters union organizers. They are really moving in on my company nationwide and I guess they've set their sights on our little branch. Kindof scary for someone who knows absolutely nothing about unions other than from what I've seen in movies. (Norma Ray and On the Waterfront) gotta love that Marlon Brando. Anyway, DH being from Chicago is all for unionizing.
    i grew up with my dad being a teamster, and then i was very anti-union when i was a young adult because i'd seen how the crappy employees get away with almost murder because of them. but then i found myself the target of a department head that did not like me personally and tried everything he could to fire me. if i hadn't asked for the union's assistance, i would have been out of a job. the supervisor tried three different times over as many years and the union proved him wrong every time. ever since, i've been very pro-union and believe they deserve every dollar i pay in union dues. sure, there are still lazy employees that get away with stuff but for the most part, the union is good to have around.

my son works for a rather large automotive parts factory and thankfully, they haven't needed a union because they do treat their employees with respect and they pay well. unfortunately, not all factories around here can say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3127950;
    What? Did I miss something?
    I think Miss Kitty meant to say Queenb. Don't worry Gut. She doesn't have inside info about your job.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3127992;
    I think Miss Kitty meant to say Queenb. Don't worry Gut. She doesn't have inside info about your job.
    That was a typo from what I see, because I have not told anyone any info about your job my dear Gutmutter.

Thanks for the input barefootdyke. Funny but I just remember my step dad was teamsters at the GM factory. Don't remember anything else about it as I was small. My former boss was very anti union and very vocal and vindictive about it to the point of firing suspected union sympathizer. He has since transferred to another branch and found out today that his branch is one they are currently organizing.

(sorry for all the spelling mistakes but I don't feel very well today and quite honestly could care less. )
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3128013;
    My former boss was very anti union and very vocal and vindictive about it to the point of firing suspected union sympathizer. He has since transferred to another branch and found out today that his branch is one they are currently organizing.
    and see, if there was a union, he wouldn't have been able to do that.

i was approached by our union president about being a steward. i said 'no thanks.' while i believe in what the union is doing, there is no way i want to have to defend people that don't deserve it. i consider union stewards to be the same as a defense attorney ... defending innocent people from being unfairly punished but they also defend guilty people. nope, that's not for me.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Would any of the cooks assist me with making salads?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread