+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6928Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3125968;
    Gut, I'd love to come, too, but you've got to make Newf sign a contract not to strut around in his Speedos!!
    Actually, I was going to make it a requirement that he wear them when he takes his turn mowing the small front lawn.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut,
    I'd love to come live there. I will pull kitchen duty!!!!

Well I was going to post this in the troubles thread, but you'll see why I didn't in a moment.

Went to grocery shop yesterday. Hubby wanted to get something so he went with me and we went to Walmart so we could get groceries and he could get his ink cartridge and some tool.

Get outside where it is hotter than the hinges of hell! and the car won't start. He has tools in the trunk and tinkers with it, still won't start. I'm starting to worry about the $120 worth of groceries in that heat, so he calls our insurance company as we have towing on it. Well he's now walking up and down between the parked cars YELLING at the insurance company because we DON"T have the towing coverage and he says he's been paying for it for months. Well we call my daughter's boyfriend to come get us in his truck and he tells my husband: "I was just going to call you because my truck is acting funny." But he thinks it will make it. So we wait. And wait. And wait and it's hot and I'm thinking of taking the groceries out of the trunk and putting them back in a cart and going to go wait inside and he calls us to say he's on his way, his friend is driving him.
    I see them pull in the parking lot, so I get out of our car to get ready to transfer groceries. They pull up to our car and his friend is wearing....................... ...........

A scuba mask!!!!!!!!!

Yes, he has on a mask. He broke his glasses, needs them to drive and doesn't have an extra pair, but his scuba mask is prescription, so he has to wear it to be able to see to drive.
    At this point, I am so hot, so tired, so frustrated that I don't even care I'm being chauffered by someone wearing a mask at least I'm on my way home.

So now my car is STILL at Walmart. Hubby is on his way now to get it towed. My daughter's boyfriend's truck is not running at all at this point. We are down to one 2 seater Ford Ranger and 4 people that need to go in 4 different directions.

I think I may buy me a scuba mask. Maybe it would make life more bearable being able to look out at the world as if I'm underwater!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3124987;
    It was designed as a wedding present for my parents by a rather ingenious architect. It is centrally located to all the siblings and where everyone gathers for Thanksgiving and 4th of July (the feeling is we wouldn't all get together if it were sold). My folks collected art made by artist friends and artifacts from all their travels in Europe and my mom has made over 200 quilts. My mother is the ultimate gardener and the "grounds" are a masterpiece. My father made metal sculpture and there are several large outdoor pieces as well as many indoor pieces. He delivered most of the babies in town for the last 50 years and his father before him delivered all the babies in the last century (including John Glenn, the astronaut). The church I grew up in is an amazing structure with serpentine wooden balconies and an enormous pipe organ. The church family has known me since I was born. I have an old boyfriend there who would be an interesting twist.
    Everything else aside, it would be a service to my mother to allow her to stay in her home for the rest of her life.

So I personally would do whatever you want to do, it reads like it is a wonderful place. Thank You for telling me the history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3125072;
    I could start a FoRT retirement home a few years down the line. Any takers?
    Count me in dear lady.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3126005;
    Here's a question I forgot to ask my fellow FoRTers: Does anyone know anything about gnats in potting soil, and how to get rid of them?
    I think you bake it....
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-12-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: condensed 3 separate posts into one

Alright, I spewed my drink-I have to remember not to drink when reading MRD's posts! I have visions of a car load of scuba masked people just tooling around. I hope you get all the vehicles working soon.

Gut, the house sounds more and more like a dream. Wouldn't it be something if you really let us come, and if we really would come (with or without the speedos)? I know, we can schedule a convention there! (See how accomodating I am offering someone else's home for a convention?)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3126005;
    Here's a question I forgot to ask my fellow FoRTers: Does anyone know anything about gnats in potting soil, and how to get rid of them?
    i did a google search for "gnats in soil" and came up with a few sites. here's one suggestion:

Gnats in Potting Soil

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3126346;
    Actually, I was going to make it a requirement that he wear them when he takes his turn mowing the small front lawn.
    I'd hate to upset prhoshay, and I usually only wear the Speedos on formal occasions. I'm paranoid about skin cancer (one thinks about such things when one has an outdoor job ) so it's long sleeves and jeans when doing yard work. Depending on the climate, I might make an exception . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD - made me think of the scene in Notting Hill when he has to wear his prescription scuba mask to the movies because his roommate doesn't realize he's sitting on his glasses when he's looking for them. (Love that movie). Hope the insurance gets figured out. I hate red tape like that.
    Count your blessings!

If I ever get to meet mrd, I know what I'm going to wear! My favorite capri pants, one of those tops that make you look pregnant, and a scuba mask.

Newf Since you won't wear your speedos outside, maybe you could wear them when vacuuming?

Men don't vacuum. That's girl work!

"The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3126418;
    I'd hate to upset prhoshay, and I usually only wear the Speedos on formal occasions. I'm paranoid about skin cancer (one thinks about such things when one has an outdoor job ) so it's long sleeves and jeans when doing yard work. Depending on the climate, I might make an exception . . .
    I think we could find a compromise here.... I could carry a large umbrella and go back & forth while you mow the lawn. Of course you wimmen will have to PAY me at least $5.00 per person, which I would need to split with Newfherder. Oh and I will be wearing a very oversized T-shirt and baggy jean shorts. (No speedos for me)

+ Reply to Thread