+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6754Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

prhoshay, Rattus gave this wonderful tip a while ago in the gardening thread. It might work for you.

Gardening
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3125909;
    Hey! I thought we were going to do something with weeds.
    Oh yeah! You're going to help me weed my garden!! Thank you!

Don't monopolize, Lois! I need a weeder too. And while we're at it, I could use help building a raised bed in my backyard.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3126111;
    Don't monopolize, Lois! I need a weeder too. And while we're at it, I could use help building a raised bed in my backyard.
    Fine, but Amy Lee's got free will, so we'll see if she's up for all this FoRT weeding!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3125962;
    Now don't get me wrong, I don't condone any mooching once someone becomes of age to work and pay for things. But I don't think it's a big deal for 20-somethings to live with their parents as long as they share costs and save up to move out. And when life throws a curve, if someone older needs to move in with the folks (or the folks need to move in with the children) then I don't see any problems with that as long as everyone understands what's expected of them. Sometimes we need to lean on family to make it through a rough patch.
    my daughter is 23 and still lives with me, and we're comfortable with it. even though she doesn't work enough hours to pay for her own place, she certainly isn't mooching ... she shares expenses here as if we were roommates. she does pay her own car payment and insurance too.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I don't think there's a hard and fast rule on mooching. I moved back in with my parents after college because I returned to my home town for law school. They put up with me because they didn't want to see me in school loan debt hell. After I got my law degree and had a job for six months, I banked some money and moved out into my own home. I'm forever indebted to them for allowing me that luxury, but since I came home from college far more mature than when I left, we have that more adult "friend" bond now. I think it's just in the attitude the parents and the child bring to the situation. We all knew it was a transitioning period for me and, to their benefit, they now have life-long free legal (and notary service--which is actually more valuable ) advice. But then, my parents are pretty damn cool (not that I'm bragging ).

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

it's the 30-40 year olds still living at home with no job that bother me. when are those parents going to tell them to 'GET A LIFE'!!! i know of one person that is older than me, lives with mommy and daddy, and can't seem to keep a job more than a few days. i feel bad for their parents ... they've got to be around 70 and they're still supporting their 'child'.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Well, yeah, if I were still living at home at my advanced age of 35 I'd probably off myself! Unless something totally unforeseeable has happened by 30-40 (hurricane, fire, etc. and it is just for a short time), then it is time to grow up and take control.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3126241;
    it's the 30-40 year olds still living at home with no job that bother me. when are those parents going to tell them to 'GET A LIFE'!!! i know of one person that is older than me, lives with mommy and daddy, and can't seem to keep a job more than a few days. i feel bad for their parents ... they've got to be around 70 and they're still supporting their 'child'.
    I tell this to my 18 and almost 16 year old kids all the time. Hopefully, they want a better life for themselves and this will never be an issue.
    CYA

PhoneGrrrll, how awesome that you're a lawyer! That was a dream of mine another lifetime ago. My son is will have a ton of student loan debt and that's just with a four year history degree. We don't qualify for aid so he's had to take out loans to afford living expenses. He's worked some too. Living at home for a while would definitely help him start paying those debts down.

As for the talk of weeding, I have some sheep I can loan out . No pulling weeds at all, they'll take care of it for you.

+ Reply to Thread