+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Cats and dogs welcome. Newf - I'd probably bust a gut laughing if you join us.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3125072;
    Lois - you can stay in my old room in the basement. My dad built a desk into the wall alcove with about 20 different secret doors and compartments. I'm the only one who knows how to work it. There's a full wood/metal workshop in the basement and my mom has a kiln and potter's wheel. There are 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. I could start a FoRT retirement home a few years down the line. Any takers?
    YES .......I can honestly say that I could live very happily like that. I'll live in one of the secret compartments.
    CYA

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3125078;
    Pick me! Pick me! I'm packed and ready to go right now!
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3125080;
    Cats and dogs welcome. Newf - I'd probably bust a gut laughing if you join us.
    That, or burst an eardrum when I belt out my rendition of Nessun dorma
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Your mom's house does sound lovely, Gut. I hope that things work out for you and you're able to keep it in the family somehow. Welcome back!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Hi Gut ! Just reading about your dilemma, and hope it all works out for you. I also have 2 kids in university now (one just starting) and although I think it is very sweet of you to be worried about where they will stay on their breaks, their friends, etc., I would put that at the bottom of my list when considering the whole moving in thing. I know that sounds harsh, but they DO have a place to stay, and since they are basically adults, I wouldn't worry about their social lives too much. Your daughter will adapt and maybe go stay with her friends, etc. She will only be in university for a limited number of years, so the whole friends issue will be a moot point fairly soon. I don't have an ex on the scene though with what sounds like a witchy wife so maybe I don't "get" the whole picture, but I feel like you need to do what is best for yourself at this point, and your kids will adapt to it. Heck, half the time my kids are out doing their own thing, and are busy spreading their wings! I bet if you talk to them they would understand.

My oldest daughter never lived at home after she left for college. She had an apartment summers near the aiport. She couldn't stand to be away from flying for a whole summer. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. A lot can happen in a year or two.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I swear, when I sell this "too much for me" house, I will move to a place that is only large enough for me! I'm thinking I'll be making it "non-bounce-back-proof" as possible! Too much room encourages people to try to move in with you...and I'm not talking about just your children!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We've already figured out how to solve the problem of any of the three of our kids moving back in with us when they get older. We're going to move to Mexico so it won't exactly be convenient for them to just pop back in should they decide to become lazy and not make money.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Oh, Gut, think of all the slumber parties we could have! I am so ready!! And I can play with everyone else's animal family members. And I can accompany anyone singing!!

+ Reply to Thread