+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5836Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks for your input. Of course we would iron out all the wrinkles before anything took place. We just started the discussion this past week to see if she was even open to it. I need to research the Ohio teaching cert. requirements to see what I'd need to do to work there. I'm guessing middle schools everywhere have a pretty high turnover and my certification is general enough to cover a lot of different classes. I'll write her a letter brainstorming all the different ways we might work it out and encourage her to run it by her lawyer. If nothing else, it will give me the push I need to get rid of all the STUFF clogging my house now.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I did want to add...Taking care of an elderly parent can be challenging...but also very rewarding. I think it's wonderful that you want to help your mom stay at home. I hope it all works out!

Thanks. My first night home before everyone else arrived, my mom had invited an old friend of mine she had run into for supper. This is a girl I was friends with one summer in middle school so I had no idea what we'd talk about, but she had memories enough for both of us and we ended up talking and laughing for hours. It made me think that it wouldn't be so hard to form a social circle once word got around that I was back.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3125049;
    It made me think that it wouldn't be so hard to form a social circle once word got around that I was back.
    Well, that was my next concern--that you'd be isolated from your friends. You know, these days, so many of us live far away from family members because of jobs etc. It's not like the "olden days" where no one lived more than a few miles from each other. I think there's something to be said for living by family. I've never lived that far away from my parents. When my dad got sick and then was dying, it was horribly traumatic--but--it was comforting to be able to visit him any time, whereas some of my family had to plan trips to be able to get out to see him. It seems like you'll have fun reconnecting with some of your childhood friends...as well as making new ones. Also, I think it'll be priceless spending time with your mom while you can both enjoy each other's company!

Actually, can I move with you? Your mother's house sounds so nice...

I might have to sneak you in through the basement entrance. She's an awesome cook, which is another good thing. She loves to give dinner parties and there's a screened in porch the length of the house for summer evenings and a hammock and swings out front with lots of neighborhood foot traffic after dinnertime.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3125060;
    She loves to give dinner parties and there's a screened in porch the length of the house for summer evenings and a hammock and swings out front with lots of neighborhood foot traffic after dinnertime.
    That sounds exactly like the house I grew up in. The neighbors would make the rounds after dinner visiting one house porch then the next.....
    CYA

Gut, you can sneak me in! Bunny, you can sneak me in, too!

Lois - you can stay in my old room in the basement. My dad built a desk into the wall alcove with about 20 different secret doors and compartments. I'm the only one who knows how to work it. There's a full wood/metal workshop in the basement and my mom has a kiln and potter's wheel. There are 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. I could start a FoRT retirement home a few years down the line. Any takers?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3125072;
    I could start a FoRT retirement home a few years down the line. Any takers?
    I'm SO IN!!!! Can Corky (my cat) come, too?

I could start a FoRT retirement home a few years down the line. Any takers?
    Pick me! Pick me! I'm packed and ready to go right now!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread